It's gone

Reminds of a few months ago while out on my motorcycle I realized one of my favorite discontinued four-Benjamin folders was no longer in my pants pocket. My heart sank and I immediately pulled over to check every jacket pocket. Didn't find it so I rode right over the highway median to turn around and retrace my entire route and every gas stop that day. Went home feeling absolutely defeated only to find that I laid it on my bed and never even brought it with me...

Hope is the last thing to die ;) Car seats are notorious devourers of knives and I suspect a lot stay hidden until the vehicle goes to Meet its Crusher:eek:

But, it's one reason I'm not overfond of huge pocket-knives, you can't pocket them and you need a sheath...best keep it in a button down pocket in future.

I can't find my CASE XX 2019 midnight green curly maple wood kick start trapper-lock knife , that I lost in the family SUV. (February 2020) Still looking for that one. I bought it on sale too ! (edit) I have A.D.D. and can't keep up with anything. This is why I have nearly two hundred knives. If my knife becomes dull , buy a new one. If I lose a knife , I have back-ups !

Last edited:
:D its back!! My boss had just got home about 30 minutes ago and I walked over to her house(we're next door neighbors) to discuss today and what we will be doing Monday. Anyways I mentioned losing the knife and she says "It's in the center console, I found it in the back floorboard".Our regular work truck didn't start this morning so we took another and she went through it before taking it to the mechanic :rolleyes: So thanks for all positive thoughts :D:thumbsup::D:D:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

.......sweet 'recovery' feeling - I've been there too :D

Hopefully it just found it's way into one of those places you'll never think to look and you'll be slapping your forehead when you find it.

It's been long enough but I know I still hope that's the case for the knife I lost.

Thanks for sharing your sorrow, followed by your joy, David; glad you got the knife back, and quickly! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::)
(I gotta know, though: did you actually look in the fridge, just in case??? :D)

Anyone know if insurance companies sell reasonably-priced "lost knife" insurance?

- GT

Glad it showed up so quickly! I hate losing a knife, eats at me as I try and retrace my steps. Lately the losses are attributed to our husky who likes to carry them off. Fortunately he has a couple dropping points he likes to leave them at.

Glad to here you have it back. I carry mine in a large GEC belt sheath which I wasn’t sure I would like at first but I am really liking not a perfect fit but is working just fine.

Just got this sheath this weekend. Havent tried it out yet but im looking forward to it.

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate knife loss.

Back