Its here!!!!

My AK Bowie has arrived!!!
I got home and saw it sitting on my safe,, box was a little roughed up but knife looks great...
I took a few pics of it.. some alone some with its H.I brother.

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 64
Nice ones.
That display is great too.
I like your lighting on the second picture. The way it highlights the edge and point looks great.

Nice ones.
That display is great too.
I like your lighting on the second picture. The way it highlights the edge and point looks great.

Thanks Jens..
The display is an Oakley sunglass case ,, its one of the old ones made of aircraft aluminum and stands around 72 inches from top to bottom

Crocodile Dundee would be proud. This is a knife!

Looks like a very fine example too. Truth be told I was squinting my eyes at the next shelve down when I sensed the aroma of a 1911. Makes a great display case, never could afford the sunglasses.

From what i can see it looks marvelous....but cannot see much as with an Android i can see the thumbnails of downloads but when i click on the photo, the slideshow viewer for the download shows not much larger and when i zoom, the object always goes off-center to off-stage....not mobile friendly at all, unfortunately....

I very much like the recycled display case....a great way to showcase things, in a showcase....which might be a great idea for displays where the case top can also be used for a daily living space flat top for other purposes as well....table or counter or shelf...."wow, i like visiting his house, it is like a candy shop or emporium!"

Glad your Bowie arrived. They are good working knives. Think Bawanna is the expert on those around here. At least the IBBBs. Like your display case. Very nice. Looks like you have room for a few more khuks!

Crocodile Dundee would be proud. This is a knife!

Looks like a very fine example too. Truth be told I was squinting my eyes at the next shelve down when I sensed the aroma of a 1911. Makes a great display case, never could afford the sunglasses.

Thanks Bawanna.. on that particular shelve is a .45 Kimber crimson pro carry II and a .45 springfield XDS..
and i go through sunglasses faster than id like to admit ,, seem to break, scratch or lose them every other month,., so i keep a bunch on hand..the wife thinks i have a problem:rolleyes:

From what i can see it looks marvelous....but cannot see much as with an Android i can see the thumbnails of downloads but when i click on the photo, the slideshow viewer for the download shows not much larger and when i zoom, the object always goes off-center to off-stage....not mobile friendly at all, unfortunately....

I very much like the recycled display case....a great way to showcase things, in a showcase....which might be a great idea for displays where the case top can also be used for a daily living space flat top for other purposes as well....table or counter or shelf...."wow, i like visiting his house, it is like a candy shop or emporium!"

Thanks mtngnr.. i always appreciate the input of a wise man ...
And sorry you couldn't see the thumbnails better... ill try and figure out a better way to post pics

I would say my ending up with prescription glasses was a major blow to the RayBan industry....bought transitions and just stuck them on my face except for sleep, and never looked back, as i tired of normal, and safety and sunglasses and etc and one or more always getting dropped, left, lost, dumped out of pocket, etc....

Is the bowie a typical 3/8ths-1/2" thick bruiser?....it is the kind of knife that suddenly becomes extremely popular when we go from a long stretch of peace to sudden wartime footing and guys start deploying and looking for the unbreakable limb/head lopper and pommel smasher....

Glad your Bowie arrived. They are good working knives. Think Bawanna is the expert on those around here. At least the IBBBs. Like your display case. Very nice. Looks like you have room for a few more khuks!

Thanks Bookie.. I agree,,more khuks are needed...
I'm already looking :joyous:

I would say my ending up with prescription glasses was a major blow to the RayBan industry....bought transitions and just stuck them on my face except for sleep, and never looked back, as i tired of normal, and safety and sunglasses and etc and one or more always getting dropped, left, lost, dumped out of pocket, etc....

It the bowie a typical 3/8ths-1/2" thick bruiser?....

Yup.. this bad boy looks to be near 1/2".. I've been looking at this Bowie for a while and decided it was time to grab it,., and head lopping / pommel smasher is exactly what i was looking for :)

Last edited:

I'm no expert at much of anything really. I think Steely Gunz is the original Bowie guru around these parts.

I still recall holding my first one, a great big one 15" or better and honestly wasn't that impressed. Then I held a 10"er and for some reason it was love.
Then when the IBBB's came around, it was a full blown love affair and like Ndog, I want to collect the whole set.

Now I got a Micro Minnie Cherokee Rose in my head. Thinner, shaped like the big brother, think it would be a good one.

I'm no expert at much of anything really. I think Steely Gunz is the original Bowie guru around these parts.

I still recall holding my first one, a great big one 15" or better and honestly wasn't that impressed. Then I held a 10"er and for some reason it was love.
Then when the IBBB's came around, it was a full blown love affair and like Ndog, I want to collect the whole set.

Now I got a Micro Minnie Cherokee Rose in my head. Thinner, shaped like the big brother, think it would be a good one.

Id love to see some pics of that micro mini when u get a chance .. sounds like a great knife

Thanks mtngnr.. i always appreciate the input of a wise man ...
And sorry you couldn't see the thumbnails better... ill try and figure out a better way to post pics

Nothing you are doing wrong and most folk actually have internet at home, but i decided to be cheap and simply have a phone for what little use i have for the net....the only thing which gives fits are the proprietary sites such as this one where stuff stored on their site cannot be saved on other devices without apparently paying......i just stuff my photos on a freebee such as postimage dot org and let everyone have at it....

If the bowie had been available when i was younger and deploying, it is just what i would have wanted....pry, chop, hack, 55 gal drum and no bung starter is no problem....

I am normally called a wise something for sure....

Here's a little group shot of micro's. Mine is at the bottom, I put elk antler on it and carry it everyday. I did carry that 10"er mentioned earlier everyday until the micro came along.

The rest are other members here that I checkered or did something too.

Never managed to keep a spare, tried several times, been given a few as gifts and somebody always talks me out of em.
Guess a fella only really needs one but spares are nice too ya know?

Don't remember who this one belongs too.

Here's my last spare that an officer at work talked me out of. Checkered and blued that one.

Ooops, I was daydreaming again.

This was a fun one for Bluelander as I recall. Took a little head scratching to figure that center deal he wanted.

Is that enough or should I keep showing off?

Last edited:
Roger that mtngunr..
I really love the feel of this Bowie!!
I'll try and post some outdoor pics of it later this week.,, hopefully you'll be able to see em.

Great pics Bawanna!!..now I know what I want next t:D :thumbup:

And please keep showing off!!

Last edited:
Back