1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Its Official

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by jarlaxle, Oct 31, 2007.

1. jarlaxle

jarlaxle Banned BANNED

Jan 22, 2007
    After a lot of thought, I've decided I am going to by my first Seb. I was going to by a Benchmade RSK fullsize grip, but i knew that after I got it I would start itching for the sebenza. So why not use the 100$ I would of spent on the BM and use toward a Seb.

I think I'm going to go with a large regular, but i had a couple questions. I mountain bike, climb, and hike a lot. Has anyone had anyproblems with the clip? I would hate to let one slip out of my pocket in the woods. I know that no clip is safe from a really bad fall or pull, but does it hold thin pockets well?

2. MORIMOTOM

MORIMOTOM

Oct 29, 2005
    i have found the sebbie clip to be as secure as any other.

if i were biking or doing an activity where i was concerned about it falling out, id wear a belt sheath.

3. jarlaxle

jarlaxle Banned BANNED

Jan 22, 2007
    The reason i ask is that some of my climbing and biking shorts are made of thin nylon. I've never had my mini grip fall out of them though. I could always put it in the back waist band, i just worry about falling on my spine or tailbone that way.

4. MORIMOTOM

MORIMOTOM

Oct 29, 2005
    the crk is probably quite a bit heavier than the grip.

for the activities you describe i would not risk losing it by carrying it clipped to a pocket.

5. blackend

blackend

Dec 21, 2002
    If you are that active you might want to attach a lanyard from the knife to one of your belt loops. If it's a large Seb you are buying and it does fall from your pocket, you'll know it and not loose it! The CRK pocket clip works fine but the extra re-assurance helps.
    :)

6. plowboy

plowboy

Apr 7, 2006
    I agree! Hopefully you can find a way to use the lanyard with the nylon shorts.

7. jarlaxle

jarlaxle Banned BANNED

Jan 22, 2007
    thanks guys. Now i just need to find a large regular at a decent price.

8. blade man

blade man

Jan 8, 2001
    This past spring, I spent a couple weeks in the Appalachians. Naturally, I had my small Sebbie with me, and when we went white river rafting on the Nantahala, I was worried about losing it. Sooo, I clipped it to my waistband and then tied a long lanyard through the drawstring on my swim trunks. I left the lanyard long so that I could use the knife without untieing it--just stuff the lanyard down your shorts. Worked for me!

9. TimAckerman

TimAckerman

Mar 5, 2005
    No matter what price you find it at you will be completely happy with it.

I just got my first Sebenza (Small Classic) and I am completely happy. I sold off all my Benchmades because they just don't measure up anymore.

10. jarlaxle

jarlaxle Banned BANNED

Jan 22, 2007
    Well I still think i like the regular profile better, but i came across a large micarta inlay for a great price so i took it. If anything i'll be able to trade it for a Reg. Thanks for all the help guys.

11. westllen

westllen

Feb 17, 2006

Large micarta ...man they rock! thats a seriously sweet knife! when it comes in post some pic's. and congrats :thumbup:

Jules

12. jarlaxle

jarlaxle Banned BANNED

Jan 22, 2007
    Thanks again for all your help Jules. Do you think the micarta will grab the pocket better that no inlay?

13. plowboy

plowboy

Apr 7, 2006
    Sounds like a great setup.

14. RNST

RNST

Mar 23, 2006
    Invest in a good sheath is my recommendation. I just ordered a cross draw Lifter from another knife collector. It runs parallel to the belt and won't get in your way when doing activities. G2 and Vess both make good sheaths too. I have a LIfter for my SMF and the fit is great and doesn't get in my way when wearing it on weekends.

15. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    I have a G2 sheath for my large micarta and it works very well, but it needs a belt (or lanyard I guess). I'm not quite as active I guess...:eek:

16. westllen

westllen

Feb 17, 2006
    Oh yeah! it's a great pocket grabber. Also I agree with picking up a sheath for it as well. It's one of those things when you wear tight fitting pants , you'll probably want a belt sheath ...and maybe with loose fitting pants you will just go with the belt clip.:thumbup:

Jules