Its Official

jarlaxle

BANNED
After a lot of thought, I've decided I am going to by my first Seb. I was going to by a Benchmade RSK fullsize grip, but i knew that after I got it I would start itching for the sebenza. So why not use the 100$ I would of spent on the BM and use toward a Seb.

I think I'm going to go with a large regular, but i had a couple questions. I mountain bike, climb, and hike a lot. Has anyone had anyproblems with the clip? I would hate to let one slip out of my pocket in the woods. I know that no clip is safe from a really bad fall or pull, but does it hold thin pockets well?

i have found the sebbie clip to be as secure as any other.

if i were biking or doing an activity where i was concerned about it falling out, id wear a belt sheath.

The reason i ask is that some of my climbing and biking shorts are made of thin nylon. I've never had my mini grip fall out of them though. I could always put it in the back waist band, i just worry about falling on my spine or tailbone that way.

the crk is probably quite a bit heavier than the grip.

for the activities you describe i would not risk losing it by carrying it clipped to a pocket.

If you are that active you might want to attach a lanyard from the knife to one of your belt loops. If it's a large Seb you are buying and it does fall from your pocket, you'll know it and not loose it! The CRK pocket clip works fine but the extra re-assurance helps.
:)

If you are that active you might want to attach a lanyard from the knife to one of your belt loops. If it's a large Seb you are buying and it does fall from your pocket, you'll know it and not loose it! The CRK pocket clip works fine but the extra re-assurance helps.

I agree! Hopefully you can find a way to use the lanyard with the nylon shorts.

I agree! Hopefully you can find a way to use the lanyard with the nylon shorts.

This past spring, I spent a couple weeks in the Appalachians. Naturally, I had my small Sebbie with me, and when we went white river rafting on the Nantahala, I was worried about losing it. Sooo, I clipped it to my waistband and then tied a long lanyard through the drawstring on my swim trunks. I left the lanyard long so that I could use the knife without untieing it--just stuff the lanyard down your shorts. Worked for me!

No matter what price you find it at you will be completely happy with it.

I just got my first Sebenza (Small Classic) and I am completely happy. I sold off all my Benchmades because they just don't measure up anymore.

Well I still think i like the regular profile better, but i came across a large micarta inlay for a great price so i took it. If anything i'll be able to trade it for a Reg. Thanks for all the help guys.

Well I still think i like the regular profile better, but i came across a large micarta inlay for a great price so i took it. If anything i'll be able to trade it for a Reg. Thanks for all the help guys.

Large micarta ...man they rock! thats a seriously sweet knife! when it comes in post some pic's. and congrats :thumbup:

Jules

Thanks again for all your help Jules. Do you think the micarta will grab the pocket better that no inlay?

This past spring, I spent a couple weeks in the Appalachians. Naturally, I had my small Sebbie with me, and when we went white river rafting on the Nantahala, I was worried about losing it. Sooo, I clipped it to my waistband and then tied a long lanyard through the drawstring on my swim trunks. I left the lanyard long so that I could use the knife without untieing it--just stuff the lanyard down your shorts. Worked for me!

Sounds like a great setup.

After a lot of thought, I've decided I am going to by my first Seb. I was going to by a Benchmade RSK fullsize grip, but i knew that after I got it I would start itching for the sebenza. So why not use the 100$ I would of spent on the BM and use toward a Seb.

I think I'm going to go with a large regular, but i had a couple questions. I mountain bike, climb, and hike a lot. Has anyone had anyproblems with the clip? I would hate to let one slip out of my pocket in the woods. I know that no clip is safe from a really bad fall or pull, but does it hold thin pockets well?

Invest in a good sheath is my recommendation. I just ordered a cross draw Lifter from another knife collector. It runs parallel to the belt and won't get in your way when doing activities. G2 and Vess both make good sheaths too. I have a LIfter for my SMF and the fit is great and doesn't get in my way when wearing it on weekends.

Invest in a good sheath is my recommendation. I just ordered a cross draw Lifter from another knife collector. It runs parallel to the belt and won't get in your way when doing activities. G2 and Vess both make good sheaths too. I have a LIfter for my SMF and the fit is great and doesn't get in my way when wearing it on weekends.
I have a G2 sheath for my large micarta and it works very well, but it needs a belt (or lanyard I guess). I'm not quite as active I guess...:eek:

Thanks again for all your help Jules. Do you think the micarta will grab the pocket better that no inlay?

Oh yeah! it's a great pocket grabber. Also I agree with picking up a sheath for it as well. It's one of those things when you wear tight fitting pants , you'll probably want a belt sheath ...and maybe with loose fitting pants you will just go with the belt clip.:thumbup:

Jules

Back