It's raining Slysz Bowies Halleluyah!

You guys are putting way to much thought/perspective into this. Its simple really, I dont follow spyderco products and I happened to run across the knife and liked the looks. They arent at retailers anymore so Im willing to pay a premium for access to someone who was smart enough to have bought one. Same as anything else be it guns, cars ect.

Same for me. I saw the knife and just fell in love instantly.

I wish the mods would let me post an ad selling my genuine, BNIB Slysz Bowie for $850.

0kfBPMG.jpg

Yla9ZQI.jpg

I wish the mods would let me post an ad selling my genuine, BNIB Slysz Bowie for $850.

0kfBPMG.jpg

Yla9ZQI.jpg
Yet you did anyway and the mods graciously moved your exchange crap posting to the proper sub forum. Don't screw around with the exchange. It's an insult to the entire forum.

The funny thing is the more you guys bash on the knife and gripe about it the more people get interested lol

Had one. Sold it. It was just "meh" to me. Nice overall design, nice blade steel and cutting performance for my mundane EDC tasks, and excellent F&F.

All of that said, my issues were mostly concerning its aesthetics. I wasn't a fan of the wire clip on this particular folder and didn't much care for the g10 backspacer.

It's a quality knife, to be sure, but why on Earth anyone is paying north of $275-300 for it is beyond me - maybe a tad bit more if it's BNIB. The secondary market has gotten a bit out of hand on these, IMO. Oh well, to each their own!

Last edited:
I got mine BNIB for $299.99 just about the time they were discontinued. I think for most of the run they sold for $329.

So a $350 maybe $400 is a proper price ceiling for this knife given it compares well to a CRK which is a $400 knife.

For 410 you can get what I would suggest is the replacement for the bowie... The spyderco drunken. You get a framelock with mirror stonewashed blade on washers just like the bowie. But it pulls out all the stops and adds more embellishments.

Plus you can get them for the time being and are not discontinued.... Yet.

Better steel, more milling, carbon fiber, lockbar insert that some worry about not having. Similar action.

The con being the pocket clip that you'll have to seek out an alternative custom made one if you intend for it to be a user.

In any case, rather than spending 400+ on a slyz bowie, a drunken could be a viable alternative.

Not saying that the Drunken has a great clip but why for a user does it need to be replaced have people been having problems with the clip?

Paging aisle 9, aisle 9......the deals don't stop here on the BF exchange......we have another fine piece o'Slysz for only $500 :thumbsup:

Back