It's raining Slysz Bowies Halleluyah!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Sharperthansticks, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Otto Carpenter

Otto Carpenter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I was sure no one would bite at that price. Shows you what I know.

2. Sheepsfoot87

Sheepsfoot87

Mar 31, 2019
    Same for me. I saw the knife and just fell in love instantly.

3. Sharperthansticks

Sharperthansticks Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I've been paying attention to that type of buying behavior, and it's usually done by someone with a 0-0-0 feedback rating.

TenShun705 and Mo2 like this.
  4. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Nice knife but would go Sebenza anytime over Slysz.

Mo2 and Mingecutter like this.
  5. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    I wish the mods would let me post an ad selling my genuine, BNIB Slysz Bowie for $850.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Yet you did anyway and the mods graciously moved your exchange crap posting to the proper sub forum. Don't screw around with the exchange. It's an insult to the entire forum.

marcinek likes this.
  7. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    The funny thing is the more you guys bash on the knife and gripe about it the more people get interested lol

8. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    Correlation does not imply causation. :)

9. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    It's been reported that Sal and Eric Glesser and Martin Slysz are saving up and plan to pool their money to one day buy a Slysz Bowie.

10. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Had one. Sold it. It was just "meh" to me. Nice overall design, nice blade steel and cutting performance for my mundane EDC tasks, and excellent F&F.

All of that said, my issues were mostly concerning its aesthetics. I wasn't a fan of the wire clip on this particular folder and didn't much care for the g10 backspacer.

It's a quality knife, to be sure, but why on Earth anyone is paying north of $275-300 for it is beyond me - maybe a tad bit more if it's BNIB. The secondary market has gotten a bit out of hand on these, IMO. Oh well, to each their own!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Officer's Match likes this.
  11. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Yeah, sorry $540 is nuts. I'd pay $300 max for a BNIB version.

12. Sharperthansticks

Sep 19, 2017
    It sold for $600 on eBay.

13. Otto Carpenter

Otto Carpenter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I might have this wrong, but weren't they selling for $320 originally?

14. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Bought mine for $304.95 from BHQ in 2015

15. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I got mine BNIB for $299.99 just about the time they were discontinued. I think for most of the run they sold for $329.

16. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    So a $350 maybe $400 is a proper price ceiling for this knife given it compares well to a CRK which is a $400 knife.

17. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    For 410 you can get what I would suggest is the replacement for the bowie... The spyderco drunken. You get a framelock with mirror stonewashed blade on washers just like the bowie. But it pulls out all the stops and adds more embellishments.

Plus you can get them for the time being and are not discontinued.... Yet.

Better steel, more milling, carbon fiber, lockbar insert that some worry about not having. Similar action.

The con being the pocket clip that you'll have to seek out an alternative custom made one if you intend for it to be a user.

In any case, rather than spending 400+ on a slyz bowie, a drunken could be a viable alternative.

18. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    Not saying that the Drunken has a great clip but why for a user does it need to be replaced have people been having problems with the clip?

19. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Yes, huge thread over on Spyderco forum. I'd post a link but not sure it's allowed.

20. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Paging aisle 9, aisle 9......the deals don't stop here on the BF exchange......we have another fine piece o'Slysz for only $500 :thumbsup: