It's time for a giveaway, and we have a winner

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
I just wanted to give back a little In appreciation for all the generosity that's come my way on this wonderful forum.

I thought a long while about what knife I wanted to give away and eventually settled on a venerable Victorinox recruit, it's a simple classic knife that packs a good deal of utility into a small package and just so happens to be one of my all-time favorites.
Who couldn't use a Victorinox recruit ?

The original plan was to just give away the Victorinox recruit, but wouldn't you know they actually threw away a brand new Case mini blackhorn at work today just because the box was wet :eek:
I snagged it before it went into the compactor and it was still wrapped In the brown wax paper untouched since leaving the factory, boy these multi-million dollar companies sure are wasteful aren't they.
No box or paperwork because of course they got wet, but it's razor sharp and ready for use.
They're a great little knife, but just not one that really clicks with me so I decided to include it in this giveaway.

A lot of people out there tend to think of Victorinox knives as an intended replacement for a tool box, so lets see a picture of a traditional knife and toolbox or small assortment of hand tools.

Just say I'm I and post you're picture, must be a frequent porch contributor.
I'll let this run for one week then use a random number generator to select the lucky winner who will receive both knives.
Good luck to all, and thanks again for making the porch such a great place.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Can I send you a bucket of water and a shopping list??o_O

I’m in please. Here is my oldest Victorinox, a small Tinker I bought back in ‘88 or ‘89. Pretty much used for almost anything and never failed me. Everyone can use a good SAK.

E8-BEC8-D5-CD90-417-F-B369-921-F0-BB12130.jpg

Can I send you a bucket of water and a shopping list??o_O

I’m in please. Here is my oldest Victorinox, a small Tinker I bought back in ‘88 or ‘89. Pretty much used for almost anything and never failed me. Everyone can use a good SAK.

E8-BEC8-D5-CD90-417-F-B369-921-F0-BB12130.jpg
If only it were that easy :D

A well loved knife for sure.
I'm very familiar with those Alltrade SNAP-ON screwdriver knockoffs, my grandfather had a whole big set of them.
Not the best screwdrivers but never failed him.

My dining room is way too messy, but here is a pile of red-handled tools and the files I use to sharpen machetes. I love those Knipex pliers, but the real winner in that pile is the Blue Point duckbill plier, whose usefulness I couldn’t possibly appreciate until I had one. The SAK must be the oldest one I have left, since it antedates the inclusion of tweezers and a toothpick.

3F5BC18D-52B4-4B72-987D-0A004B3423BA.jpeg

DmQ4W3t.jpg

An "old" pic of my collection, found this box in a dumpster. I have since added enough knives that I've have more than it will hold and close. So how "old"? Sept 2018, it surprised me because of many more knives I've acquired since:rolleyes: Still not a huge amount but at last count it was almost 100.I'm past that mark but I dont know by how much, I've reached the point of being afraid to count them o_O
Edit: I'm in btw,:D

I haven’t been around much lately either so I’m not sure I’m worthy to toss my name in on this one, but I couldn’t resist posting a picture of some “hand tools” of my trade:

8AF066AC-C8AA-4309-BAA9-66F94B3BEBBC.jpeg
I wish I had more handyman skills but I’m always using my pen and pencil as a teacher. You might be able to spy my small green notebook as well.

I’m also glad to see the generosity of the porch continuing!

Back