I've added a few more from France!

Wow, those sure are pretty knives. I enjoy seeing good file work, and those ones look really nice.
You've got a whole bunch of French knives now, I see. :thumbsup::)

Michael

These have definitely been taking over my collection lately...

Here are examples from Laguiole du Barry, Fontinelle Pataud and Laguiole en Aubrac!

View attachment 830827
Really lovely knives! I've been eye balling this style of French knife for years. it's about time I did something about it. I'm familiar with the Fontinelle Pataud and Laguiole en Aubrac. I'll definitely look at the Laguiole du Barry also.

I must admit that if I were to start a knife collection I would be most compelled by these.
As it is, I own knives to use, (not all make the cut :rolleyes:) but IF I were to collect - a French/Spanish folder collection would be great fun. Good for you to share these beauties with us. :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
Really lovely knives! I've been eye balling this style of French knife for years. it's about time I did something about it. I'm familiar with the Fontinelle Pataud and Laguiole en Aubrac. I'll definitely look at the Laguiole du Barry also.
Consider Renaud Aubry, heck of a deal for a hand made slip joint and he has a sweet customizer so you get exactly what you want.

Consider Renaud Aubry, heck of a deal for a hand made slip joint and he has a sweet customizer so you get exactly what you want.
Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely will.

I could never pull off carrying something so fancy, but they sure are nice.[/QUOTE

I have a few Fontenille-Pataud Lags and particlarly with their XS locking pattern at 9cm I find I carry them a great deal. Lags can be a big long knife but this size is ideal and you can't find a more comfortable apple cutting knife than this. They excel at all food tasks and normal pocket duties too. Having a lock and a backstop to prevent blade rap is a really great extra.

Regards, Will]

Back