Important Info! I've changed the default site style to Flat Awesome

Ok, here's the easiest way to post an Imgur link without needing an account:

You can right-click the image to get an 'i.imgur' link by clicking 'copy image', then using the 'image' icon and pasting that link in the box supplied you get the image in the thread easy-peasy.

View attachment 698958

Another way is to click on the menu to the right of the copy button and click on 'get share links'

View attachment 698959

This takes you to a screen with 4 options, the one you want is the 'BBCode (Forums)' one, just click the 'copy' button to get that link's code.

View attachment 698960

Then simply past in the reply box what you copied.

View attachment 698961

It looks like this when pasted. All you have to do is click reply and the image shows up in the thread.
View attachment 698962
Thanx for all the efforts. I'll try again. I am using an iPad (so no right-clicking), and no, I did not register with Imgur. I was about to when I saw the "post" button and went from there. Perhaps I should register with them, maybe even get the app! Easy-peasy is kind of an unconscious rule of thumb for me, and when it ain't, I tend do regress to Kindergarten behavior. Now that I've smoked most of a cigar, I'm feeling more grown up. Thanx, again.

Thanx for all the efforts. I'll try again. I am using an iPad (so no right-clicking), and no, I did not register with Imgur. I was about to when I saw the "post" button and went from there. Perhaps I should register with them, maybe even get the app! Easy-peasy is kind of an unconscious rule of thumb for me, and when it ain't, I tend do regress to Kindergarten behavior. Now that I've smoked most of a cigar, I'm feeling more grown up. Thanx, again.

The app is nice, and saving all your uploaded pictures is also nice. A right-click on an iPad should just be touching the image and holding until the options come up, and tapping 'copy', which gives you the 'I.imgur' direct link.

IMG_4485.PNG

I am completely lost and have no idea how to find any help. I have searched and searched. FAQs don't work. Old info I found on how to post images says to go to Imgur, upload, get URL, and paste....that no longer works. It's my own fault for being so inactive for so long and not keeping up with the vast number of changes BEFORE the recent up grade. Appears now I should just throw away all my knives and stop collecting.

For my part, what I always did to add pics from imgur still works. Select the pic you want at imgur, go to the link for BB code and copy it, paste that directly into the text box and you should be good to go.

[I just scrolled up and saw that KingMC has post a more complete instruction covering multiple scenarios, but I'll let mine stand regardless.]

BTW, I usually take pics with my iPad and upload to imgur from the photo app there. Afterwards I go to the desktop site on my mac to edit and do the copying and pasting to BF from there.

For my part, what I always did to add pics from imgur still works. Select the pic you want at imgur, go to the link for BB code and copy it, paste that directly into the text box and you should be good to go.

[I just scrolled up and saw that KingMC has post a more complete instruction covering multiple scenarios, but I'll let mine stand regardless.]

BTW, I usually take pics with my iPad and upload to imgur from the photo app there. Afterwards I go to the desktop site on my mac to edit and do the copying and pasting to BF from there.
I'm gonna try it all again, again, now that I've finally been able to re-boot this POS. I did what KingMC suggested about how to find the bcc URL on Imgur, and I found it and copied it, but it didn't really copy it. When I tried to paste it, I got what had been on the clipboard before. So I figured something was screwy with the iPad. Closed all the apps and tried to shut it down. It would not turn off....just what I need. I was on a cellular connection outside smoking at the time. Searched the problem, and there was ample evidence that iPads do this crazy thing a lot. But rather than throwing it across the patio, I came in, plugged it into AC power, went back to wifi and it re-booted. Maybe my problem was this device. We shall see!

I'm gonna try it all again, again, now that I've finally been able to re-boot this POS. I did what KingMC suggested about how to find the bcc URL on Imgur, and I found it and copied it, but it didn't really copy it. When I tried to paste it, I got what had been on the clipboard before. So I figured something was screwy with the iPad. Closed all the apps and tried to shut it down. It would not turn off....just what I need. I was on a cellular connection outside smoking at the time. Searched the problem, and there was ample evidence that iPads do this crazy thing a lot. But rather than throwing it across the patio, I came in, plugged it into AC power, went back to wifi and it re-booted. Maybe my problem was this device. We shall see!
And now can you see my test failed above, and while it would have been right to delete that post, at least on my iPad there is no delete button. Sorry for taking up the space.

Like I said, try using the regular editor instead of the rich text editor. Press the little piece of paper icon directly up and to the right of where you'd type your response. Then past the image URL and see what happens

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i.imgur.com/GwQAVbT.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

I tried pasting what he pasted earlier using the regular text editor and t didn't translate the HTML hex codes again.

I had my iPad on vacation with last week and think I mastered getting pics off imgur and up onto BF. I'm gonna try to paste one in off the iPad here and if it works I'll head up to my mac and write a step-by-step for ya.

Well, even though I got the picture up, it doesn't really work like it did before the changeover. Somewhere between copying the BB code at imgur and pasting into the text box here, the bracketed ends of the code are converted so it looks like this:

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i.imgur.com/07gDWJF.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

I got my pic to show by copying the direct link, which looks like this--

http://i.imgur.com/07gDWJF.jpg

-- and adding bracketed IMG to the beginning and bracketed /IMG
to end. Too much of a workaround for sure. Maybe Spark has another magic fix up his sleeve for us. :rolleyes:

07gDWJF.jpg

Ok, go back to Post #13 and follow KingMC's instruction to the letter. Works like a charm! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

07gDWJF.jpg

Funny, it still pastes in directly to the text box from the imgur desktop site on my mac as below. There's so much about all this that's beyond me, but if I can find a way to make it work it's all good.

Can you tell I like that pic of my Shiros? ;)

07gDWJF.jpg

I am old school and I REALLY like the return of the fixed width format. Especially in a large photo thread. Now the images are smaller and manageable and don't require scrolling up and down.

However, if you CLICK on them they grow to original size for detail. Terrific! Best of both worlds.

Forums threads are easier, too.

What's the fixed width size now?

I LOVE the return to the addition of the pages on the threads without hovering.

I absolutely love this new software. Change is hard, but this is better.

Fixed width is 1100something

screen side bar is to white. Cannot find it in all this bright whiteness.

Maybe I am the only one with the problem because I use an old Windows 7 PC while everyone else uses a smartphone. I just think a lot of these "improvements" are not including us guys who use older PC's.

Have you tried the dark style?

I love everything about the new BF! Looks sharp now, and I dig the responsiveness (I don't use or like tapatalk). Thanks Spark!

I don't like the black. For me, too dark. However there is a LOT of brightness in these others.

For testing only purposes can you show a couple of darker shades (is that available?) just under white? Input?

Colubrid, I use a computer almost exclusively. You are not alone.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i.imgur.com/GwQAVbT.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

I tried pasting what he pasted earlier using the regular text editor and t didn't translate the HTML hex codes again.
Okay, Day 2 of my Image Uploading Saga. Let me say first, I'm very grateful for all the help on this, and for all the help I've ever received on BF...that's why after a long hiatus I renewed my Gold membership since I'd not posted in close to two years. I've now updated the iPad to the latest iOS and have joined Imgur and am using the Imgur app for this attempt.
5UUui1N.jpg

TA-DA! I used KingMC's instructions from post #13. Thanx all, again.

Glad it's resolved.

Back