Important Info! I've changed the default site style to Flat Awesome

Okay, Day 2 of my Image Uploading Saga. Let me say first, I'm very grateful for all the help on this, and for all the help I've ever received on BF...that's why after a long hiatus I renewed my Gold membership since I'd not posted in close to two years. I've now updated the iPad to the latest iOS and have joined Imgur and am using the Imgur app for this attempt.
5UUui1N.jpg

TA-DA! I used KingMC's instructions from post #13. Thanx all, again.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The new updates make everything seem very large. Maybe that's to better accommodate mobile browsing which is way better than the old system. But the default scale is just too large for my desktop/laptop monitors. I found scaling down (zooming out) the view to 75% makes everything look nice and clean. (both chrome and IE).

This is not a complaint, more of a hint/tip for people with similar preferences as me.

The new updates make everything seem very large. Maybe that's to better accommodate mobile browsing which is way better than the old system. But the default scale is just too large for my desktop/laptop monitors. I found scaling down (zooming out) the view to 75% makes everything look nice and clean. (both chrome and IE).
Which style are you using?

Which style are you using?
Currently I am sitting 2 feet away from a 24" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution and settled on FA+ (BETA) with the browser window covering 1/3 of the screen. I've cycled through all 4 including fixed width. didn't see any scaling differences. Again this isn't a "it's broken / unusable / should be different" post. It's a personal preference that i can fix with cntrl+mousewheel any time i want. Thought i'd share the tip incase anybody else was uncomfortable with it as well.

Besides, most of the good folks in the Traditional sub-forum appreciate the larger scaling ;) :p #soold

Is there a way to switch to newest post first, mine I have to scroll to the last post to get the newest? Thanks , MIKE

Currently I am sitting 2 feet away from a 24" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution and settled on FA+ (BETA) with the browser window covering 1/3 of the screen. I've cycled through all 4 including fixed width. didn't see any scaling differences. Again this isn't a "it's broken / unusable / should be different" post. It's a personal preference that i can fix with cntrl+mousewheel any time i want. Thought i'd share the tip incase anybody else was uncomfortable with it as well.
I'm at 1920x1080 or something and am full screening with the fixed width on a 27", I can see why you'd want it smaller. I'll see if I can do a smaller font version.

On this list of links

http://www.bladeforums.com/categories/knife-specific-discussion.669/

It would be nice if they were ordered alphabetically
Not a bad idea considering.

Is there a way to switch to newest post first, mine I have to scroll to the last post to get the newest? Thanks , MIKE
Haven't seen a way to do that yet.

May need another style. I'm back to the old default style. Its main issue is that a lot of the lighter tones are tough to see but overall still work best for me. In the other styles the fonts are mainly too small.

I just switched to this one..Flat Awesome......Excellent!!! Thanks for all the hard work and support you give to us... Bob

screen side bar is to white. Cannot find it in all this bright whiteness.

Maybe I am the only one with the problem because I use an old Windows 7 PC while everyone else uses a smartphone. I just think a lot of these "improvements" are not including us guys who use older PC's.

^ I also use a PC with Windows 7 PC. I rarely ever use a phone. I switched over to the new default preference setting "Flat Awesome (Beta)", and it's made a significant difference for the better. I didn't really like the dark setting.

This new and improved BladeForums, is so much better IMO. I can't get over how wonderful the new ignore feature is; it basically makes these people, non existent! :cool:

Thanks again, Spark! It can't be said enough: "we appreciate the extra effort you've put forth into making this a much better place. :thumbsup:

I'm not a big fan of change, so I'll start by saying that I liked the old format. However after a few days, I have to say I'm fine with the new one as well. I trust the advantages of switching over is worth adjusting to the changes. Thank you to eveyone involved in maintaining BF!

Flat Awesome is horrible. The site should be comfortable on your eyes and brain.
I feel the same way about reading white words on dark background. It gives me a headache. That's why I'm glad we have a number of different viewing options.

I feel the same way about reading white words on dark background. It gives me a headache. That's why I'm glad we have a number of different viewing options.
I have to log in to see my changes or change it every time i want to browse the forum. As a default setting it should be as comfortable as possible. Seems it was changed to cater to people with phones connected to there forehead or people who don't like to scroll. Just my 2 cents

It's the default site skin, yes. If you log in, though, it should go to your preferred forum skin?

What would make things better for you?

Last edited:
I'm not crazy about changes, but I also know that often its unavoidable. Perhaps the bugs are still being worked out but how does one go back to edit a post?

Sorry, I think I found it. I see that its been moved to the left side next to the report button. Its those kinds of changes I absolutely dislike as a person who struggles with electronics. Its like buying a new truck only to find out that the peddles and dash controls are all mixed up. Software developers need to settle for a standard layoout and have options for the user to simplify the layout. This program is clunky and noisy, I prefer bare bones simple with hand crank windows and regular cab.

When we swapped to the VB forum years ago I didn't like the change, then I got completely used to it and liked it fine. It takes some time, but I see more benefits than drawbacks.

One thing I'm missing is the prominence of the poster's name in the threads. The avatar is a bit smaller than before, and the NAME is in relatively small font and hardly stands out. I actually forget what it looked like before, but wasn't it a different shade or color? Certainly a larger font.

Consider this on your ever growing laundry list...?

Back