Important Info! I've changed the default site style to Flat Awesome

The font for usernames was larger before, and unfortunately it doesn't look like we can change it and have it work

It's the default site skin, yes. If you log in, though, it should go to your preferred forum skin?

What would make things better for you?
Xenforo Default is easy on the eyes and like its says nothing fancy and just works. I think this should be a good starting place for anyone to come here to enjoy the forum. The other skins should be the optional skins. I know your not going to make everyone happy and im ok with change. I will just log in and set it up like i want and that will be that.

My main problem with the default is that there's 500 pages of scrolling - that was a universal complaint from users as soon as we opened back up. If there was a way for me to set up the default with the same level of compression as the Flat Awesome styles, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You may remember how the previous vB site had everything compressed on the homepage, and this is matched by FA.

My main problem with the default is that there's 500 pages of scrolling - that was a universal complaint from users as soon as we opened back up. If there was a way for me to set up the default with the same level of compression as the Flat Awesome styles, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You may remember how the previous vB site had everything compressed on the homepage, and this is matched by FA.
Well if i win the lotto will fix that home page. Until then thank you for explaining it to me and good luck..

This upgrade looks great!!!

I'm not a web-design sorta guy nor am i likely to go pokin' around with settings so if this is the "standard" version i really like the hard work you all have put into the site (dunno if it was a 100% Spark creation or a group-think effort, but it looks great).

Is there any way to reduce the amount of space in the user information panel on the left side of the default view? And reduce the amount of space after the signature? A single-line post takes up 3 inches or more of screen space due to all the extra unnecessary white space. For example, can the posts bubble and the post count be put on a line together? And then reduce the space after the date-joined box? And then reduce the size of fonts for signatures to something reasonable (less than 32) and the amount of space "after" the signature? The whole point is so we can read a page of posts without having to constantly scroll. As it is now, you can only read one post without having to scroll to the next one. We used to be able to read multiple (3 to 4) posts before having to scroll again.

No complaint here and a big thanks for the improvement in photo attachments. For those of us who don't use Photobucket it works a lot better and eliminates the thumbnail stage. Changes in navigation around the forum are pretty minor, and we all will adjust soon.

Bert

Hi, I like the new format. Thanks for the upgrade. Is there an option for seeing who is on board? I liked seeing the usernames at the bottom of the page in the old version. Keep up the good work.

The old BF had what state or country the member lived in. I wish the new site had that.

The old BF had what state or country the member lived in. I wish the new site had that.
If you click on a member's name, the information is in the popup;

Digging the new format, except for one nitpick..

I don't like how "banned members" is so prominently displayed where I look in the top left. (Viewed on Samsung s5 neo smartphone.)

I'm down for the banning of those deserved, but I don't feel I need to be reminded of said scum whenever I click "new posts".

Edit..I haven't noticed banned members button since I made this post.

2nd edit

It's when I click on my profile to check threads I've commented on. Fairly prominent In the top third. I know it's not a huge deal, but if I had a choice to move it I would.

I noticed on the main page it can be found in the drop down menu.

Another 1up for locations. Miss that feature of knowing what part of the globe the other members reside.

Also, I miss seeing the activity of the thread.
(Members viewing this thread)

All things considered I'm very happy with the upgrade. It looks and works great. Just need to figure out how the new pictures work and I can say goodbye to Photobucket.

Last edited:
Xenforo style for sure.

Hate the new styles. Too bland like other forums. I like the old way. If it's not broke don't fix it.

I'm still getting a pop up virus on Safari for iPad. I think it's in the Java script, because when I turn that off the forum is fine. It's a pain to have to remember to turn off Java every time I want to visit the forum.

I navigate the XenForo BladeForums site via desktop, iPhone and iPad using the XenForo Default Style.

Unfortunately, the Forum menu options have items I never use, rearranged differently on each device and some are hidden under the ellipses (...) on the iPhone and iPad.

Desktop (Chrome):
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Watched Forums
  • Watched Threads
  • Featured Threads Archive
  • Featured Threads

iPhone (Safari):
  • Featured Threads
  • The rest are hidden under the ellipses (…)

iPad (Safari):
  • Watched Forums
  • Watched Threads
  • Featured Threads
  • The rest are hidden under the ellipses (…)

Featured Threads Archive and Featured Threads are pretty useless.

Since the lowest common denominator is the iPhone display with only three options showing why not make these three options as the first three visible options on all device display:
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Watched Forums
  • Watched Threads

Last edited:
edit: Yeah, I just got frustrated trying to reply to some visitor messages. I spent a fair bit of time trying to accurately explain things, but then when I'd try to post that message back to them it kept telling me my message was too long. It would be nice to know what the character limit is on those visitor messages (or 'posts on profile pages'), or whatever they're called now. I ended up wasting a good half hour and eventually just had to tell the guy to email me instead so we could talk more easily.

Regardless, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and pointing me toward the previous postings tab, somehow I missed that.

Last edited:
I don't care much about how it looks, although it looks absolutely awful, but I would like the option to send actual messages to non-gold members (like I used to be able to)
You can leave visitor messages for them.

and I'd love it if you could raise the character limit to above 420, or whatever it is. . . . At least have a warning in place.
Character limit where exactly?

It's also FAR harder, and much more hidden (more clicks involved, in unintuitive ways) to find previous posting or responses.
Click on the profile picture, click on profile page, click on previous postings tab.

Say that I wanted to sell that knife I bought 3 years ago. It used to be an obvious trail of intuitive clicks to get to that information. "responses to posts" or some such. now it's buried veeeeeerrrry deep.
Seriously? There's an advanced search where you can search by username, sub forum and more.

We had a perfectly fine, much more pleasant and legible, easy to find, working system. Why did we have to switch to this miserably white/bright, less functional by far, sometimes entirely not-working format with far less functionality?
Because the back end software was not only broken, but end of life & unsupported. It was not designed for the level of traffic that we get as a site. It was 15 year old software that was lacking in required scalability & other core features. It was vulnerable to attacks, which we get regularly. On top of that, if you don't like the FA+ style, there's multiple other styles at the bottom left of the page that you can choose from.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Back