J.E. Made Knives ???

Good Afternoon bladeforums.
This is my first non-sales post here.
I wanted to reach out and see what the general consensus is regarding J.E. made.
And Specifically their Combustion Flipper.

I am a bit stuck on my next purchase, between this J.E. Made Combustion flipper,
and Reate New Torrent.
I own a few Reate's, ZTs, Benchmade, Microtech, and a Shiro Neon lite.
I know I love my Reate's, and love the ZT 0562TI, so I'm sure the New Torrent will be a winner.
This J.E. Made Combustion flipper is a bit of a mystery to me, but extremely compelling.

I find myself frozen from buying either of these without a better understanding of J.E. made.

Surely some of you own J.E. made knives and maybe even have some words of advice for me.
Thank you

Thanks for your reply. That is still helpful. If I am not mistaken I believe slipjoints can be more difficult to make well.

I have the combustion flipper and love it! It has some crazy milling and kinda over-the-top but cool to look at. It has a smooth action and took a little while to break in the washers but opens 100% of time and falls shut easily. It can also be opened like a front flipper with your thumb rolling over the top and is my favorite way to open and sometime I can't stop flipping it over and over. I also own every other model of J.E. Made slipjoint and his B.U.K. small hunter because these knives are unique and top quality.

I have the combustion flipper and love it! It has some crazy milling and kinda over-the-top but cool to look at. It has a smooth action and took a little while to break in the washers but opens 100% of time and falls shut easily. It can also be opened like a front flipper with your thumb rolling over the top and is my favorite way to open and sometime I can't stop flipping it over and over. I also own every other model of J.E. Made slipjoint and his B.U.K. small hunter because these knives are unique and top quality.
Thanks. The first hand knowledge is great. What kind of washers does it ride on?

Hello, I had a combustion knife as well, but my impressions weren't as positive. It had lock stick, and although it was well made, I could not justify a 325.00 price,so I returned it for a refund. There was just something about it that just did not feel like it was worth that kind of money.

Hello, I had a combustion knife as well, but my impressions weren't as positive. It had lock stick, and although it was well made, I could not justify a 325.00 price,so I returned it for a refund. There was just something about it that just did not feel like it was worth that kind of money.
Ouch. Thanks for the testimonial.
If you don't mind helping me out with the conflicting view points, what is currently your favorite folder?

I don't really have a favorite,right now,but for example, I really do like my Cold Steel AD-15,its half the price of the combustion, very strong,well made knife.

bronze washers and it comes with an extra set. For me, $325 is cheap for this knife considering the materials are Ti and M390 and tons of detail. Lock stick was never a problem for mine.

bronze washers and it comes with an extra set. For me, $325 is cheap for this knife considering the materials are Ti and M390 and tons of detail. Lock stick was never a problem for mine.
Its refreshing to hear that its on bronze washers. In a world of a seemingly infinite selection of ceramic bearing flippers, the bronze washer flipper stands out.

Back