"Jag" integral adventure knife. W2, blackwood, hamon. No Longer For Sale.

I call this knife “Jag” since my father-in-law compared its lines to his favorite cars in the world...

It is designed to be part adventure knife, part self defense, what I call a “belt knife.” Good to have handy when hiking in cougar country, which I often do.

The blade, bolster and tang are forged integral from a piece of W2 tool steel, with a very nice smoky hamon down the full flat grind and all the way up the clip edge. The distal-tapered and recurved blade features a partial clip grind, to reduce forward weight and increase penetration, for over half its length. The bolster is fairly short, and leads into an opposed/tapered/curved tang. The handle scales are african blackwood, and are held on with peened stainless pins. The grip is of a generous length and will fit a medium to large sized hand well.

Blade length: 7”
Overall length: 12-3/4”
Grip length: 5”
Blade max width: 1-1/2”
Blade max thickness at ricasso: 0.200”

I am currently out of leather, so the knife comes in a soft case. I can refer the buyer to a good sheath maker if desired, and ship it to him/her.

Asking price is SALE CLOSED.
Price includes soft case and insured shipping to the USA. Please inquire for international rates.

Here are some pics, in which I've tried to detail the hamon somewhat, and a video that does a slightly better job.

[youtube]OKJ45GNWwD8[/youtube]

DSC02776.JPG

DSC02778.JPG

DSC02784.JPG

DSC02787.JPG

DSC02788.JPG

DSC02789.JPG

DSC02790.JPG

DSC02779.JPG

DSC02780.JPG

DSC02782.JPG

I make knives to the best of my ability, in terms of performance, aesthetics, and value. If you feel my knife that you've bought to be lacking in workmanship or serviceability, please return it for your money back in full. Or, visit my website for a look at my Lifetime Warranty and for my contact info.

I am not taking orders at this moment, except under select circumstances and for some kitchen knives. Feel free to contact me to talk about it if you wish.

Thanks for looking,

Salem S.

Last edited:
Wow. Great to see another piece from you Salem. I would jump on this but I have an order in for a Bing knife. I love the tapered tang.

Back