• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

James Todd G10 for sale?

Thank You All, All paid for or arrangements made have been shipped.
Remaining slabs listed below:

All slabs are Margarita Green named by Kerry Hampton.

One = 16'' x 18 1/2'' x 1 1/2'' weighs 33 pounds 48 Dollars Shipped Conus PP

0 Slabs left of the original sizes weighing 16 pounds and 2'' THICK 22.50 Shipped Conus PP

Let me know if I can help you guys any more.
Jim

attachment.php

Last edited:
I do not have a band saw. Will a tile saw cut this stuff? I want to buy a slab, but need a way to cut it. Thanks for the help.

I do not have a band saw. Will a tile saw cut this stuff? I want to buy a slab, but need a way to cut it. Thanks for the help.
A tile saw with water will do the job if used very slowly. At least that is what I have been told.
James

A tile saw with water will do the job if used very slowly. At least that is what I have been told.
James

Thanks James. I posted the same question in the knifemakers discussion area, I need to know for sure how to cut it or I'll have a beautiful green paper weight, LOL:D I really want some, so we'll see if anyone makes a good suggestion or confirms the tile saw with actual cutting experience. It is real nice that you offer the G10! I need to find a friend with a metal cutting band saw!!!!!:thumbup:

Thanks James. I posted the same question in the knifemakers discussion area, I need to know for sure how to cut it or I'll have a beautiful green paper weight, LOL:D I really want some, so we'll see if anyone makes a good suggestion or confirms the tile saw with actual cutting experience. It is real nice that you offer the G10! I need to find a friend with a metal cutting band saw!!!!!:thumbup:
Not a Problem, it was Tracy at Mid-West Knife Supply , I think, that originally said that. Don't forget to wear a respirator. I will see if I can find the thread. It has been discussed once before when I had it available.
Jim

JT-I am being told that a saber saw with 18 TPI will cut it also, so I am going to order a $5 bill piece for $22.50, I am sending pay pal. Thanks!

JT-I am being told that a saber saw with 18 TPI will cut it also, so I am going to order a $5 bill piece for $22.50, I am sending pay pal. Thanks!

If not satisfied, keep the paperweight, and I will refund money.:D
Jim

If not satisfied, keep the paperweight, and I will refund money.:D
Jim

LOL, I am sure it will be super, thanks for the offer though! Pay pal has been sent. I'll let you know how the cutting works out. It's tough being a broke knife maker :D Thanks again!

Thank You All, All paid for or arrangements made have been shipped.
Remaining slabs listed below:

All slabs are Margarita Green named by Kerry Hampton.

One = 16'' x 18 1/2'' x 1 1/2'' weighs 33 pounds 48 Dollars Shipped Conus PP

0 Slabs left of the original sizes weighing 16 pounds and 2'' THICK 22.50 Shipped Conus PP

Let me know if I can help you guys any more.
Jim

Headed Back to Machine Shop to look for more, will keep you posted.

Last edited:
James,
I called the other day and talked with your son...... you were out on family matters it seems.

As business is very brisk right now down here on the coast.....I have still not been able to make it home to take care of matters and to pick up my G-10. He said you had mine set aside.

I still want it ALL, just to let you know... :thumbup: ... and will be up there for a couple of days just as soon as I can break away after the week of July 4th.

Thank's for your patience during this busy time of work for me.
Looking forward to meeting both you and your son in person.

Thanks again Jim!!! :thumbup: :cool:

This is one serious piece of material. I'm not sure if I want to make handles out of it or some fixture type stuff.

I sure do appreciate you doing this for us... it was an extremely generous offer!!!

THANK YOU!!! :D

Thanks again Jim!!! :thumbup: :cool:

This is one serious piece of material. I'm not sure if I want to make handles out of it or some fixture type stuff.

I sure do appreciate you doing this for us... it was an extremely generous offer!!!

THANK YOU!!! :D
You are welcome and to all watching or subscribed to the thread, stay tuned, I have found another Mother Load of sizes ideal for work table tops, some going up to 167lbs each 1 1/2'' thick.

Posting sizes and cost of shipping next week, In all, I will have close to 3,000lbs or so. If someone needs fixture bases, or work tables. I will have them.
Jim

These sizes are available, have not had time to prepare shipping cost associated with each piece. Will be glad to check with freight line and or Fed Ex Ground for shipment to your destination. Email me Please at j for quotes to your address with your choice of piece or pieces, these are HUGE.

1 @ 48 ½" L x 9 ½" W x 1 ½" thick = 47 lbs.
2 @ 48" L x 18" W x ½" thick = 46 lbs.
1 @ 54" L x 11 3/8" W x ½" thick = 34 lbs.
1 @ 63" L x 6" W x 1 ½" thick = 43 lbs.
1 @ 37 ¼" L x 17 1/8" W x 1 ½" thick = 67 lbs.
1 @ 73" L x 10 3/4" W x 1 ½" thick = 84 lbs.
1 @ 63 1/8" L x 10 3/4" W x 1 ½" thick = 68 lbs.
1 @ 48 ½" L x 10" W x 1 ½" thick = 50 lbs.
1 @ 48 3/4" L x 9 3/4" W x 1 ½" thick = 49 lbs.
1 @ 54" L x 10 ½" W x ½" thick = 36 lbs.
1 @ 18 5/8" L x 18 5/8" W x 1 ½" thick = 35 lbs. SOLD TO MAREKZ
1 @ 42 ½" L x 9 3/4" W x 1 ½" thick = 45 lbs.
1 @ 62 ½" L x 10 3/4" W x 1 ½" thick = 76 lbs
Anything under 70lbs can be shipped Fedex Ground and will run about 1.40 a lb in shipping cost to CONUS.

Also have 7 pieces of them at 164# each - width 33
3/8" x 48 1/2" length x 1 1/2" thick.
These would make great work table tops or fixtures in addition to handles.

Last edited:
Back