Jantz blades

Lately I've been looking at the pattern 31 jantz blade in 1095. Anyone know anything about these jantz blades or used them before? They are made in the USA but that is about all I know about them.

The website tells you pretty much all you want to know. They are made in Davis, OK, and are 1095 at Rc 57-58 or D-2 at Rc59-61. The blades have had cryo in the HT.

I have seen and even used some of Jantz's blades, and they are good quality.

I used Jantz 36 blades in S30V to make knives for my Alaska fishing buddies. They turned out nice and we used them for everything over 10 days in backcountry Alaska.

Very sharp

Dang very cool knives! I'll have to get a few blades then. Thanks for the pics btw, really makes me wanna go back to Alaska even more. I was up there last summer on the Kenai. Had an absolute blast.

Those are some good looking knives. Your buddies were likely almost as thrilled to receive them as to go on the outing.

Chris

I've bought a couple. I like them. For the price it's a great value. Here's a pattern 39 I made for a co-worker who gifted it to her husband. I did re-profile the handle shape. It was too tear-drop shape my liking.

Jantz_blade.jpg

Wow. That is some nice cutlery work there. One cutler put together some Jantz blades with paracord wrap handles. They looked pretty good. I think Jantz even has some sheathes that fit the different blades.

Hi I am Jessica at Jantz. A customer sent me this link bragging on your handy work. I must say your work is absolutely brilliant and beautiful.
We really value your business and appreciate you sharing it with others.
If you need anything feel free to call.

1-800-351-8900
Jessica@jantzusa.com

Jantz Supply is a very good company, but steer clear of that Ken Jantz guy, he's a cranky old son of a gun (No, I'm just kidding, he's a pretty good guy like the rest of them down there)

I have been to their shop, and it's a pretty amazing place. They are working very hard to make the best quality stuff here in the US. They have some cutting edge equipment and their quality control is second to none. They are making the blades for my 1911 Combat Survivor Bowie and I can't say enough about the job they are doing.

Good folks and good blades. Used quite a few in D2. I order supplies from them often, always excellent service.

Hi I am Jessica at Jantz. A customer sent me this link bragging on your handy work. I must say your work is absolutely brilliant and beautiful.
We really value your business and appreciate you sharing it with others.
If you need anything feel free to call.

1-800-351-8900
Jessica@jantzusa.com

Well with a response like that, I think I will be ordering from you guys very soon.

Well with a response like that, I think I will be ordering from you guys very soon.

Agreed, I must add that Jantz customer service was great. Jessica is the one who handled my phone order (5 blades, 5 sets of bolsters, pins, etc). I used my own honduran rosewood. When I later order sheaths from Jantz but needed to return them because I had some custom made, she took care of the return no questions asked. Great product made in OKLA USA and great CS.

I will agree with the comments about the service at Jantz. I have always had very courteous service and prompt delivery of orders.

MW
I want to learn how to make thongs like the ones on your Jantz knives. What is it called? Do you know if there is a tutorial anywhere? What material

Jantzs also has their blades heat treated by Peters Heat Treating so they are done right.

I am very new here to posting. I have been lurking for some time. I built several knives from Jantz. They have been awesome to work with. The OP was wanting to know about the 31. Here is my pattern 31 with 154 cm steel and Earth Dymond wood scales with mosaic pins I made my self.

Superknife2_zps638bb36e.jpg

Superknife6_zps0b6854fc.jpg

Last edited:
Yep Jantz Suppy is awsome, probably my favorite place to buy supplies. Quality service and quality supplies!

Back