Japanese WWII ID help

Attached are some pics of what I am told is a Japanese WWII samurai. I know nothing about these but always wanted one. Can any of you tell me more and if you feel its authentic.
My-First-Gallery

You have a WW II shingunto (army officer's sword) with a combat cover on the saya (scabbard). It is signed, but I can't read it sideways )rotate your pic so that the the tip of the tang (nakago) is down. It has an arsenal stamp which indicates it is not fully traditional made (still can be hand for just not of tamahagane).

Rich
--------------------------------
Richard Stein, PhD, FAIC

Japanese Sword Guide
http://www.japaneseswordindex.com/nihonto.htm

Signed Seki Ju Kanemasa. Dark spots are hard to see, but I think it is dated showa ni ju roku ? nen. Around 1946.

It is worth what you are willing to pay for it. In todays market militaria has kind of come into it's own, so it might not be a bad deal. With only these photos to go by, I could not say one way or the other.

Hey I just got my hands on a NCO Gunto with matching number on the scabbed I was offered 150$ for it because of the blade has swirls on it like like someone tried to shine it if I sems pictures can you help me

Hey I just got my hands on a NCO Gunto with matching number on the scabbed I was offered 150$ for it because of the blade has swirls on it like like someone tried to shine it if I sems pictures can you help me
Post pics for all to see - youll cast a wider net and get a better response.
You can use a photo host like imgur.
Its easy ( A drunken Bonobo can figure it out) and fast - itll take you but a few minutes to set up an account and post some pics.

Back