JAROSZ Turok...How Well Would this Knife Piggyback a Smaller Blade??

Hey all,

I was looking thru some pics and came across one that a fellow KaBar lover posted that had a beautiful BK7 that was polished and a JAROSZ Turok right under it. It's a great pic and that Jarosz looks great. It initially caught my eye when I first looked thru the KaBar lineup. I really like that knife.
The Turok has a blade that measures 6.25 inches and comes in a nice kydex sheath. It looks like it would be darn near the perfect hunting and camp companion. I started looking at the other Jarosz knives and came across the Globetrotter. It has a 3.5 inch blade and comes with a nice looking cardura nylon sheath.

The smaller size of the Globetrotter got me thinking that there would likely be situations where a blade that's 6.25" is too big to properly complete the task. In those instances you could go to the smaller and more maneuverable Jarosz Globetrotter. With both of those on your belt, you wouldn't need for any other blade. The only thing is that you wouldn't want to carry both side by side on your belt.
I wondered if the TUROK could piggyback the Globetrotter so you could have both at hand any time you'd need one of them. I think it would be a great setup. Does anyone else think so? Has anyone fastened them together like I am talking about? If so, I'd like to see a picture of the setup to see how it came out.

What do you think? Would you try this setup when you are hunting, hiking or camping?

Thanks for your time and paying attention to my idle thoughts and ramblings about these great knives. I just can't help but "talk," most times too much.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Larry

you can do that, but it's going to be pretty bulky.
you'd be better off getting a custom sheath made or make one yourself.

Hey all,

I was looking thru some pics and came across one that a fellow KaBar lover posted that had a beautiful BK7 that was polished and a JAROSZ Turok right under it. It's a great pic and that Jarosz looks great. It initially caught my eye when I first looked thru the KaBar lineup. I really like that knife.
The Turok has a blade that measures 6.25 inches and comes in a nice kydex sheath. It looks like it would be darn near the perfect hunting and camp companion. I started looking at the other Jarosz knives and came across the Globetrotter. It has a 3.5 inch blade and comes with a nice looking cardura nylon sheath.

The smaller size of the Globetrotter got me thinking that there would likely be situations where a blade that's 6.25" is too big to properly complete the task. In those instances you could go to the smaller and more maneuverable Jarosz Globetrotter. With both of those on your belt, you wouldn't need for any other blade. The only thing is that you wouldn't want to carry both side by side on your belt.
I wondered if the TUROK could piggyback the Globetrotter so you could have both at hand any time you'd need one of them. I think it would be a great setup. Does anyone else think so? Has anyone fastened them together like I am talking about? If so, I'd like to see a picture of the setup to see how it came out.

What do you think? Would you try this setup when you are hunting, hiking or camping?

Thanks for your time and paying attention to my idle thoughts and ramblings about these great knives. I just can't help but "talk," most times too much.

Larry
Like Vic said it would be kind of a bulky setup. It could be done though if that's what you want. I just carry the Globetrotter in my pocket now that I made a sheath for it. I didn't care for the stock one .The Turok comes with a very nice sheath . A nice folder would be a good way to go along with the Turok too .
IMG_1726.JPG
The Globetrotter is a husky little knife and I like it a lot it has a very comfortable handle as does the Turok.
IMG_1576.JPG

Like Vic said it would be kind of a bulky setup. It could be done though if that's what you want. I just carry the Globetrotter in my pocket now that I made a sheath for it. I didn't care for the stock one .The Turok comes with a very nice sheath . A nice folder would be a good way to go along with the Turok too .
View attachment 1141686
The Globetrotter is a husky little knife and I like it a lot it has a very comfortable handle as does the Turok.
View attachment 1141687

I finally got to see a photo of a Jarosz knife without the scales on ! Does anyone have a pic of Turok without scales ? Really curious how the tang looks, hopefully same as the Globetrotter. I expected skeletonized tangs like the Becker line, glad they're not.

I finally got to see a photo of a Jarosz knife without the scales on ! Does anyone have a pic of Turok without scales ? Really curious how the tang looks, hopefully same as the Globetrotter. I expected skeletonized tangs like the Becker line, glad they're not.
It's exactly like the Globetrotter just longer :thumbsup: solid :D

Hey all,

Larry
Hey Larry, I took a pic of what it might look like just to give you an idea of what it might look something like . Maybe you could make your own or have Azwelke set you right. He or Diez Knives do EXCELLENT WORK :thumbsup::thumbsup: and you would be very pleased. I ended up making my own pancake style for my Globetrotter cause I like how it sits in my front pants pocket better than the little taco style. Good luck with your decisions and be sure to take pics ;)
IMG_4447.JPG IMG_4448.JPG

Thank you all for your help and advice. GREAT pix Xr6x. That's what I was thinking about but now I see that you all are right, it would need a new sheath, which I cannot make. That would have to be something I bought after I got both knives...or a smaller one of a different maker. Unless I'm mistaken, the small one is more expensive than the large one...right?

They are cool looking knives though and from the videos I've watched, lots of people LOVE them, especially the TUROK.

I thought about the 2 knives Piggybacking because there are lots of owners of Bark River knives that piggyback their knives. They come with nice leather sheaths with eyelets that the manufacturers do so they can do that sort of thing....at least I think they do. They might be there for a lanyard to tie it to your leg or something else.

Thank you all for your help and advice. GREAT pix Xr6x. That's what I was thinking about but now I see that you all are right, it would need a new sheath, which I cannot make. That would have to be something I bought after I got both knives...or a smaller one of a different maker. Unless I'm mistaken, the small one is more expensive than the large one...right?

They are cool looking knives though and from the videos I've watched, lots of people LOVE them, especially the TUROK.

I thought about the 2 knives Piggybacking because there are lots of owners of Bark River knives that piggyback their knives. They come with nice leather sheaths with eyelets that the manufacturers do so they can do that sort of thing....at least I think they do. They might be there for a lanyard to tie it to your leg or something else.
Don't get caught up in what others do . Do what you like :thumbsup:. It's always good to get ideas but the bottom line your the one that's going to use it and carry it :D.
Not sure about the prices, but Tomars , SMKW, Knife Center or the big river might be places to visit. Go slow I bought the Globetrotter first and liked it so much I went for the Turok. We are all different with are likes and what we want are knives to do.

Back