Jeep Guys and Pics

11460e7b31b119b088a8137072fe51a6.jpg

30f61c2a341bea2a041cbd79b5219a26.jpg

No, but I'm a "Jeep guy" lol [emoji38]

Not the daily driver anymore, but she's still special to my heart. weekend/bad weather mostly. I'd take her anywhere though.

It's not a jeep, but what can I say?
Guess I watched too much Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom as a kid.

Rover14-L.jpg

It's also quite useful as a very big drink coaster...

Rover14-L.jpg

Lol my children love to watch that old show. All on YouTube.

I owned a Jeep once. Everything else has been FJs and Land Cruisers. I found an old (real film) photo of it parked at my parents ranch from 1994.

Williamson003.jpg

Last edited:
I've never owned a Jeep. But I have some crazy stories from the passenger seat of a CJ7 my buddy used to own. Man, sometimes you think back and wonder-- How the heck am I still here? Good times. Pismo beach Ca.

Cool thread.

Josiah

Rover14-L.jpg

Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls!

Is that a Series IIA? That's one of my all time favorites! Thirteen years ago I bought a 1972 Bronco that sadly just sits in the garage now...

Edit: I'm guessing it's a Series III unless a late model IIA...

Last edited:
Sweet thread and some cool rides thus far. I will have to get some pics up soon. Just picked up my fifth Jeep, 08 JKU. I have owned an 81 CJ7, 97 TJ, 93 YJ, 02 TJ, and now the JKU. I apparently have a thing for jeeps. It is a family thing. My dad drove a 73 CJ5 that he bought new until 1990, sold it for more than he payed new! I still have all the original paperwork, bank check, and a set of keys, not to mention the memories. The search has gone on for almost 20 years ( since his passing) to find it. The vin number is stored in my phone and I have come close once. One that I ran accross was a match until the last digit, which was three numbers off, probably rolled off the assembly line on the same day. Jeeps are in my blood, like DNA. I will share some pics of a few of them once they are loaded. Great thread!!!

The newest addition 08 JKU, the day I bought it a few weeks ago. Light bar and pods already added, deciding on bumpers, intake, exhaust, rocker guards currently amongst other mods.

Hosted on Fotki

The 02 TJ before I sold it.

Hosted on Fotki

The 93 YJ with both door/top configs

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

I will have to hunt for the CJ7 pics and the 97 TJ was stock and boring, didn't keep it long, was not what I should of bought at the time.

I great up driving a 1974 FJ40. I don't think I have any digital photo's of that. 4 kids learned to drive a stick in that rig. We drove it for decades off road, and never had anything major break, or need repair. My dad sold it with 228,000 miles with out a major repair!

I've had a few 4x4's since then.

I had a family friend who buys and restores FJ40's offer me a completely original, under 20,000 miles, stock, unpainted, no rust, no tears, still had the original hubcaps and rubber 1978 FJ in Mustard Yellow beauty for a song and a dance. I did not want to take out a loan! He offered it at $8,000. (He sold it a few days later for double, and it was cheap at that price. I have seen them go for astronomically more. An order of 10x more plus).

The fact that I did not buy that vehicle is one of my major life regrets!

I have never seen another in that condition. We went over it all. No rust. No scratches. No tears in the fabric. Every single part was pristine!

This is my current.

Last edited:
Cool thread. I'm a closet Jeep guy. If I didn't need a truck I would be in a Jeep.

Why buy a Jeep when you can buy one of these?
NZ and Maquarie Woods 003 (Large).jpg
Sorry guys, the opportunity was too good to pass up.:thumbup:

914086_4874094727022_676635696_o.jpg

My 2010 Rubi. Rock Krawler coilovers front and rear, Dana 60's, ARB Air Lockers, 37" Toyo's, and a whole host of other mods.

Also have a 1996 Suzuki Samurai LWB and a Toyota Tacoma set up for driving down to Argentina. About to buy a 2009 Rubi JKU here in Philippines ... Seems like I can never keep money in my pocket for too long lol.

914086_4874094727022_676635696_o.jpg

My 2010 Rubi. Rock Krawler coilovers front and rear, Dana 60's, ARB Air Lockers, 37" Toyo's, and a whole host of other mods.

Also have a 1996 Suzuki Samurai LWB and a Toyota Tacoma set up for driving down to Argentina. About to buy a 2009 Rubi JKU here in Philippines ... Seems like I can never keep money in my pocket for too long lol.

That is awesome!!!!!

Back