Jerks who abuse HI warranty suck

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by tyr_shadowblade, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Xmodius

Xmodius

Apr 4, 2009
    LOL this should be retitled 'The non-issue, undying thread'

2. DOC-CANADA

DOC-CANADA

Apr 14, 2006
    Thanks to everyone for the replies to my query.

Now just have to wait until my Visa is resuscitated. :(

Doc

3. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    We Canucks usually carry a heavy chopper in case of Ent attack, and a Bilton or Kobra to defend against garbage bees. :D

4. Nicholas

Nicholas

Apr 1, 2009
    Do you favor maple handles?;)

5. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    You're weighing yourselves down unnecessarily. A Kagas Katne will take care of the garbage bees.

6. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    Yes especially for those designated to back-bacon cutting duty! (waves flag)

Yes, though there's a certain psychological comfort in having a big, burly Bilton on your belt when you hear that fateful buzzing...

...but in case the bees win (and they often do) we have a tube of "swath" handy. :D

7. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    From the main H.I. URL's sales site on Yahoo, is this description of the Chiruwa Ang Khola:

http://yhst-7333098713883.stores.yahoo.net/changkh.html

8. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    Yeah, that Yahoo store site ain't been updated in a long time.

9. Xmodius

Xmodius

Apr 4, 2009
    Truly! That's been up there forever. (I bet Uncle Bill wrote that too.)

The printed warranty included with the blades is specific.

But, that old website should probably be changed.....;)

As a prybar it's pretty good as long as you do not use it to pry a vise open, helped by a hammer. :)

10. nagod

nagod

Jun 29, 2005
    if i can break my cak in prybar mode with my less than beefy arms then there is a serious problem with it...otherwise i see the new warranty being an out in a case of questionable damage with most issues being resolved with the service and honor we are used to...over 25 khuk and never an issue but i also dont use my 30 inch kobra to chop concrete or others for uses they arent suitable for...

11. orgeng@yahoo.com

[email protected]

Nov 27, 2004
    15 June 2009

Okay guys enough BS regarding the HI WARRANTY! Yangdu made it clear if you "abuse" ANY KHUKURI, you can VOID the warrany. I use my BILTONG in the Kitchen, not for opening up a wall or car door! I've used my ANGKHOLA with 18" blade to break a window on car in a Junk yard. And my KOTHIMODA is for "display", and I don't plan to use it for "ANY" reason at all! And if I take my TARWAR out into the field, I know that it will work just great on tall grass, weeds and small tree limbs, NOT A 3-foot diameter TREE! If I break my HI KHUKURI, it is MY OWN FAULT! I know that Yangdu will help me find another KHUKURI to replace the one that "I" broke on my OWN! I pay for it, and "TRY" not to break the next KHUKURI that I get! Yangdu has gone out of her way to make "everyone" happy with the "many" different KHUKURI's that she brings into the USA. Some are for "display", others can be used to chop, cut grass or small limbs, and cut meat or veggies in the Kitchen or give some body a swift chop on there body! NOBODY is PERFECT, including including myself! So please do not blame YANGDU for trying to make the FACTORY Warranty work for EVERYONE! I have spent "THOUSANDS" of dollar with YANGDU and HIMALAYAN IMPORTS and the SERVICE has been "EXCELLENT"!!! And, I will continue to buy from YANGDU until I find out otherwise. Remember you can fly to KATMANDU ($3000) and buy a $15.00 Tourist type KHUKURI, when it breaks, are you going to spend another $3000 to replace! If someone is really "dissatisfied" with there HI KHUKURI, I want to hear from YOU, and find out WHY you are not HAPPY with the KHUKURI that you purchased from HI and YANGDU!

Donald,
    BLADESWEST

12. Ugly Duck

Ugly Duck

Oct 6, 2008
    Actually, I can't figure out how folks can manage to break their HI's... unless they set out to do so intentionally. I beat the holy heck out of these things & have yet to see a failure. Don't think twice about using my R-10 to open cans or cut through sheet metal. Hacked down trees with my Tarwar. These are the toughest dang things around... you gotta be some kinda whack job on a mission to actually break an HI....

13. GregS

GregS

May 6, 2008
    Cho + Bad Heat Treat = Snap.;)

Otherwise, yes, they are indestructible... handles aside that is.

14. alamborn

alamborn

Mar 19, 2008
    Email sent on warranty scan!

Actually, the scan may be distorted. We should probably all view an actual copy in person. The best way I can think of for that is for everyone on the thread to order a new Khukuri!

At least that's the reasoning I plan on using with the Mrs's!

15. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Dear friends and customers to HI and Kamis, I would like to thank you all for your kind suggestions, comments and supports.
    I will post HI copy of Limited Lifetime Warranty shortly.
    Form today we will send all HI customers the new Limited Lifetime Warranty with their Knife/Sword purchase.

16. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Spoken with elegance from the lady herself. Please see the new sticky.

17. Ugly Duck

Ugly Duck

Oct 6, 2008
    Upon re-reading my comments.... they seem a bit accusatory. I should have just said that in my experience, HI's get tougher use than any other brand of blade & hold up like a champ. There.... that sounds better!

18. King Gimpicus

King Gimpicus

Jun 7, 2007
    What i'd like to know is how they broke an Ang Khola with "normal use"... Seriously, i've personally driven a half ton TRUCK over my Chiruwa Ang Khola and it BARELY flexed. I shudder to think what i'd have to do to break the thing... And besides, ive always assumed that this warranty was ONLY for khuks that didn't stand up for what they were designed for.. If i wedged the blade in a block of wood and it bent when i was trying to lever the wood apart, sure, i'd try to claim the warranty. It couldnt do what it was supposed to. But if i drove, say, a half ton truck over it, and it bent, then i wouldnt expect ANY warranty to cover it. I messed up and broke my knife doing something it wasnt meant to do, so i should have to go buy a NEW knife.

If someone abused that, they shouldnt be refunded in any way...

19. chuckinohio

chuckinohio

Feb 14, 2009
    Obviously they took that "IF you can break it we will send you two" to heart and wanted two CAKs and only wanted to pay for one. Dipsticks is what they would be called round these parts.
    Sad to hear, the only HI I ever handled was built like a bank safe, and I immagine that I could have broken it with a vice and a sledgehammer. I never would have done that and expected Yangdu to replace it, let alone with two of anything.
    Sad Sad Sad

Chuck

20. knifes101

knifes101

Sep 12, 2009

I went and watched this video. It was painful to watch someone abuse this knife in such a manner, especially knowing that it takes the kamis an entire day just to make one knife! I think a knife should only be used in that way if it is necessary to save someone's life. to me, it is disrespectful of the time and craft of the kamis.