JERO and F.Dick knives???

Not very much out their on reviews or experiences on Jero knives. I work at a butchering and processing plant. I've been using Victorinox and Dexter knives but want to try something new. I've been looking at F. DICK and Jero knives. The F.dick expert grip 2k and Jero TR lines are currently what I'm leaning towards trying. Any information and experience on these brands would be greatly appreciated.

It’s been years, like about 25 that I’ve seen or used any F. Dick blades .. They use to be Excellent! For the needs of a butcher & any kitchen chores.. Haven’t put my hands on any new ones in the same time frame so I don’t know about the new ones so I can’t help you there.. Stay safe & have fun!...

Member FortyTwoBlades seems to be very impressed with F. Dick knives. I recently got an F. Dick lamb skinner and a fish processing knife, but haven't put them in use yet. Very well finished and polished.

F Dick tend to be thicker at the spine than other German makers. My favorite German made handle though.

I was a R.H. Forschner and Friedr Dick factory sale rep, I’m familiar with Jero and I think you’ll find the steel itself between all 3 manufactures is very similar with the F Dick stainless being the hardest which lends to great edge retention, but I’d buy a F Dick steel if you buy their knives as most steels aren’t hard enough to clean the edge on F Dick knives without some work...

The F Dick handles are an overmold rubber similar to Dexter’s and Jero’s, the Victorninox Fibrox handle is hard textured plastic which is great for kitchen work but it’s not very comfortable for someone working all day with their knives, like processors.

Personally, I’d suggest you give the F Dick ExpertGrip 2K or their DetectoGrip a go if your processing plant uses metal detectors and/or x-rays for QC, if you wear metal mesh gloves the ExpertGrip 2K is really nice, the ExpertGrip 2K is also NSF listed. Here’s a link to F Dick’s grip materials, https://www.dick.de/en/tools-for-chefs-and-butchers/products/knives-for-butchers

Take my advise, if you buy F Dick knives get one of their regular cut steels, or a fine cut steel if you’re like most butchers and steel a lot.

Hope that helps,

KR

Last edited:
Does F Dick make the forged Victorinox pro series? Had some come through for sharpening and they feel like it.

I was actually in the Victorinox/Forschner forging plant in Solingen in the early 1990’s, to the best of my knowledge and up until 2002 when I lost my contract with Victorinox/Forschner they manufactured their own forged knives. Things may have changed, their forged knives were a very small segment of their cutlery knife portfolio and became even smaller after they lost the Sysco Black Diamond OEM contract in or about 2000, Sysco moved a lot of their forged knives under Sysco’s ‘Black Diamond’ brand here in the U.S..

KR

Last edited:
Not very much out their on reviews or experiences on Jero knives. I work at a butchering and processing plant. I've been using Victorinox and Dexter knives but want to try something new. I've been looking at F. DICK and Jero knives. The F.dick expert grip 2k and Jero TR lines are currently what I'm leaning towards trying. Any information and experience on these brands would be greatly appreciated.
I have a Old F Dick 9" -10" Chefs knife. Fantastic blade. Not sure what value is, I've seen a couple on EBAY that are not as nice as mine.

Back