Jerry Fisk's 2017 Scoundrels & Scalawags Symposium - a pictorial review

Looks like everyone had a Great time! The show to attend for great knives, great fun and food!

People always bring cool stuff to share while at the show. Lin brought this pre-production copy of A Sure Defense: The Bowie Knife in America from the Arkansas History Museum in Little Rock by Bill Worthen (then the museum director-now retired) and Mark Zalesky (editor of Knife Magazine (correction) and Bowie knife expert). I photographed over 100 antique Bowie knives for this book, on location in the museum basement with the assistance of Mark, Lin and museum staff. The book will be available for purchase @ $69.95 (clarification) from the museum and through Knife World Books (clarification) after December 4, 2017.
View attachment 801281
Foldout of an exhibition folder that is over 6 feet long when open. One must think of it as a finger guillotine when o-so-carefully opening it.
View attachment 801286

Thank You for the heads-up!:thumbsup:
As I live in Europe I couldn't visit the the museum and I have waited ever since for the release of this book.
The book arrived today and it is way over my highest expectations.
The photos are fantastic, giving almost a 3D impression.
A Big Thank You to all those of You who made this project possible!

Best Regards
Mikael W

Thank You for the heads-up!:thumbsup:
The book arrived today and it is way over my highest expectations.
The photos are fantastic, giving almost a 3D impression.
A Big Thank You to all those of You who made this project possible!

Mikael,
Thank you. Wow! I also just received mine and am blown away by the quality! The Historic Arkansas Museum in Little Rock should be praised for their brilliant exhibition and this companion ‘catalog’ which together form a most ambitious and worthy project. I was honored to be a part of such a pumped-up and dedicated team.
PS: Photographer’s secret - take the book over to a window and view the knife images under daylight conditions for the the full visual impact.

Thanks so much Logan and Buddy, this show was the highlight of my year. it is a weekend with friends that I will not forget. I channeled my inner pirate this year and had as much fun as can be had making knives. Jerry and Bob really have made me feel like family and it is an honor to a part of this show cant wait till 2019

Back