Jfowl31's knife modding/making progression thread

New favorite. ..

P9Z01bq.jpg

ZxiaNAq.jpg

32WIaTD.jpg

dOvPJ32.jpg

XJyf41f.jpg

Y5K39Nh.jpg

Bravo, dude, bravo! That's some of the best stag I've ever seen. What a special knife.

Beautiful Stag Jordan!! Love the way the covers thicken toward the butt end, the way a barlow should. Very nice!!!

Did some hand sanding on everything to wrap this one up. Turned out really nice! The pins are steel and just peened, domed, and then sanded. Didn't want to recess them into the scales with the pin spinner, just wanted a classic rivet look to go with the sawcut. Slick as butter on the walk and talk too. I'm looking forward to see how the O1 builds a patina with the handrubbed finish on the blade

cbMv8s3.jpg

lulA9oM.jpg

Did a couple yesterday but decided to go back out late and start messing around with this guy. Hayn Helper in O1 tool steel. I've been saving some Pomele Sapele for something special and decided it was time. This is fresh off the 220 grit belt with some oil. By the time I get it finished it's going to dance in the light

A couple really nice ones on the bench today... 14 lick creek barlow that got the heartwood stripped off for some Culpepper black jigged bone and a amber sawcut Beerlow! Lots more pictures on my Instagram

bBcX7n6.jpg

85AmQHI.jpg

EYNE9f8.jpg

Jordan, your sawcut is outta sight! Home run on both.

Back