JG Scout Question

Hi everyone,

Have a question about the Jason Guthrie Scout for anyone who has handled one. The Scout looks like an absolutely perfect EDC and overall well crafted custom knife. My question is in regard to any difference between the versions with and without holes in the scales. The versions with the holes are no doubt a little lighter, though I'm not sure how much. The full scaled version really seems to show off some of the awesome scale material JG uses in his work, and the hole versions display this in addition to a bit of the blade. For anyone who has handled one, is there any noticeable difference in the way these variations feel in the hand? Also any preference and reasons why for scale material or blade shape on the Scout?

Thanks everyone

I have a scout. It's a fantastic knife. I would say that there are functionally no differences between the two. Aesthetically, Jason will sometimes do finishing inside the lock side scale. Mostly his "raindrop" pattern that is anodized. He also does a fair amount of damascus, which also benefits from the holes in the show side scale. Mine has holes on both sides and I like the look very much. The raindrop pattern on my knife is obviously on the outside, but he does a number with it on the interior. Obligatory pics.
9j7OKAa.jpg

JYnt7vE.jpg

That is a great looking Scout. The profile on his wharnie design is awesome. Is that black G10 on the show side?

I have a scout. It's a fantastic knife. I would say that there are functionally no differences between the two. Aesthetically, Jason will sometimes do finishing inside the lock side scale. Mostly his "raindrop" pattern that is anodized. He also does a fair amount of damascus, which also benefits from the holes in the show side scale. Mine has holes on both sides and I like the look very much. The raindrop pattern on my knife is obviously on the outside, but he does a number with it on the interior. Obligatory pics.
9j7OKAa.jpg

JYnt7vE.jpg

Back