JK FFL 2017 Edition

League adress: http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=441224

Hello, everyone!

It's that time of year again, I'm sending out reminder emails to everyone in the league, please respond or answer here to let me know if you are planning on paying up, throwing down and taking on the motley crew of the JK FL once again.

If not, I need to know that too, so I can replace you.

We need 10-12 owners to run the league, so if anyone new wants in, let me know, I can hold you as an alternate if someone drops out or expand the league if we an even number of "want-ins" (we had a 10 team league last year)

If anyone thinks it sounds fun but doesn't play fantasy football, let me know that too, I'm happy to show you the basics and hopefully get you started in the friendly JK FFL.

Current league managers

1. Brian Farrell/Butt Fumblers (confirmed)$
2. Glenn Trowbridge/The Honey Badgers (confirmed)$
3. Randy Scardino/Texas Pugs (confirmed)
4 Peter Howard/Teapot Terriers (me! confirmed!)$
5. Bob Stone/Stoney Jabronies (confirmed)$
6. Kalibur/ (Confirmed)$
7. Chris Adkins/KY Aardvarks (confirmed)$
8. Maggie Moon/Lucky Beavers (Confirmed)$
9. Andy Moon/It Ertz when Eifert (confirmed)$
10. Brad Jackson/Goofy Ridge Runners (confirmed)$
10/10 confirmed

Alternate/league exapansion members
Kalibr906

New announcements and comments for 2017

1. Settings changes ESPN changed their standard league settings to ppr (points per reception) I believe we were playing it this way anyway last year so it doesn't change anything but thought I'd mention it

2. Players and rules If anyone wants to request or suggest changes to the scoring or position setting of the league now is the time. It's also the time to start asking your friends or other JK knife buddies to join, mqqn jumped in at the least minute and saved us in 2016 and I don't know he can afford the time obligation for it again this year (though he is more than welcome, I'll make another spot for him even if we are full!)

3. I have the draft schedule on the last Sunday before the first game of the regular season, however, I have a poll going to see if anyone needs to change this. Please vote once confirming you are in.

4. Entry Fee is $25 sent to (I'm going to see about opening up a league safe account for it)

5. Prizes Because of John's concerns about the health of his forum I'm changing the prizes and entry fees. As follows:

30% of money will go directly to John ($75 in a 10 team league), this will help to keep the forum open (hopefully) or at least pay the "licensing fee" to the JK FFL name and the space our thread takes up on the forum;) and fore fill the goal of the league, to support JK knives!

The rest of the money will be divided as prizes in the following way:

a) The Winner: gets 40% money ($100) and a 50% coupon for HK knives
b) The Number 2 of the league (runner-up): gets 20% ($50) a 20% coupon to HK knives
c) Best Record/highest points (???) outside the other two: get's 10% of prize money ($25) and a 20% coupon to HK knives

(there's no actual coupon, just remind me: https://hkhandlesknives.com/)

Winners can use their money however they want, which I acknowledge will likely filter back to John because we are all JK knife addicts, anyway.

End

Well, I think that's about it,

What say you?

thanks again

Last edited:
Chris, got your message, thanks for coming back, and yes, Tannerhill looks like he'll be out for the season (still not confirmed though) and the word is Jay Cutler could step back into action, unretire and sign with the Dolphins

I'm sure all the J.Landry and D.Parker fans are very excited about the possibility...

Yes, please count me in

Thank you, Commish!

I will be in please.

best

mqqn

please remember to vote on the Draft Date Poll on the league page, if there is a date that simply won't be possible mention that to, it's better when we can all live draft (if you want to anyway ;))

Always enjoy trying to guess Brad's draft strategy, well it be all bears again? all johnsons? I put my money on "all second and third-year breakout candidates" but that might be a little too mainstream ;)

The season ends in December? The forum is up in January, and I'm still not sure I will be renewing it, sales are down, postings are down, and I really don't like the new format.

Love me some FFL and would enjoy playing with you guys. Since I already have a couple leagues going I'll sign up as a back up in case you guys need another person.

The season ends in December? The forum is up in January, and I'm still not sure I will be renewing it, sales are down, postings are down, and I really don't like the new format.

Well the money will be yours to use John, we can just run it through the espn page if we have to

Love me some FFL and would enjoy playing with you guys. Since I already have a couple leagues going I'll sign up as a back up in case you guys need another person.

thansk bud, I put you on the list,

I have removed "Sacks to be Cutler" per his request and sent a message to Kalibur906 asking if he is still interested in joining, but if anyone knows of someone else who might want to join it couldn't hurt to put out some feelers, if we get more than 10 we can expand but I don't want to go less than 10 ;)

thanks everyone

I'll be pretty busy with getting married and being part of other leagues. Keep my as a last minute full in if needed. Being a comish I understand the struggle so would like to help fill out the league if needed.

Big Day in the fantasy and NFL world:

1. Jordan Mattews is now a Bill
2. Sammy Watkins is now a Ram
3. Stoney Jabronies is going to re-enter the JK FFL for 2017
4. Zeke Elliot was suspended for 6 games in the 2017 season

phew, much more of this excitement and I'll break out into a sweat.

Just one more left to confirm/deny and one open spot that needs to be filled!

Let's get on it guys

Back