JK FFL 2017 Edition

No trouble, just my home internet can't handle it I think (I'll check the speed when I get back home, Andy, thanks)

I've found I can upload them in about 10 minutes at work though so it'll be a Thursday schedule for the videos, record them on Wednesday

Here's week 2 lol

There are several things that researchers have discovered about spokes persons and media types.
One thing is that Americans find that persons with a Brit accent are more trustworthy and intelligent.
Another thing is that we also tend to place more credence on folks wearing neckties.

You, my friend, are the double whammy of spokesmen!

Thanks for all you effort in being our commish, it truly is appreciated.

not sure what it means but it doesn't look great lol
speedtest.jpg

anyone into some stats? Since we have 3 weeks of data now all sorts of stats are being updated.

Red Zone Passing Expected Value (at different yard lines) so far in 2017 compared to 3-year average
DKsVlaNXUAEb0VZ.jpg:large

In other words, QB's have been less successful passing for TD's so far in first 3 weeks compared to the average of the last 3 years (but not by much) at every distance in the redzone.

2. Red Zone Receiving Expected Value (at different yard lines) so far in 2017 compared to 3-year average
DKrmFQ2XoAASYfn.jpg:large

Again, as you'd expect, receiving has underperformed (just a little) in the redzone compared to 3-year average so far in 017

3. Red Zone Rushing Expected Value (at different yard lines) so far in 2017 compared to 3-year average
DKsXotKXkAEO5uX.jpg:large

pretty much at the average of the last 3 years all around

4. Week 5 matchup's table showing aFPA (adjusted fantasy points against) created by 4for4.com to show the number of fantasy points scored by each position against a DST.
DKqgKdlWAAEvHC-.jpg:large

I've tabled it to try and highlight "good matchups" though PA is always flawed (compared to individual matchups for example) but 4for4's aFPA is pretty good so I think it's more useful than most you can find with a free google. But I wouldn't read to heavily into TEN "tough" matchup this week for example, that O-line is dominating. But, I think my table's pretty at least.

I added in the latest Vegas Game lines, some DSF players like to use these to see a few things like;

a) where money is going to be placed by "most" people betting
and
b) the games vegas thinks are going to be high or low scoring

They are twitchy as a stat but can yield some good info if handled carefully. (I mostly suck at DFS, fair warning) They also change through the week of course and it's the closing numbers that are more important (if any of them are at all.)

5. The number fo Rush Attempts for each team compared to the number of targets
DKrh2j3XoAEFBhZ.jpg:large

While Baltimore is no-longer one of the most pass-happy teams in the league it has still maintained a balanced approach, PHI is incredibly skewed towards the pass (all the Zach Ertz!) as is NO (of course) and ARI and GNB. INteresting DAL has targeted its receivers, mostly Bryant and Witten, more than they have attempted to rush.

6. I also have target shares and such figured out up to this point in the season but that's a big picture so I normally split it up by team:
DKsbs-NW4AAbOeg.jpg:large

7. Top target share leaders (from all positions) so far in 2017
DKshQ76WkAAms91.jpg:large

Lesean Mccoy is getting a heck of a lot of targets so far, wonder if Jmatt can start to take some of them away.

anyway, sorry, was just posting some pictures anyway, thought I'd share

Last edited:
not sure what it means but it doesn't look great lol
speedtest.jpg

Yea - that is slower than a one-leg mule.

Are you running a wifi router at your home?
If on wifi - what is the 802.11 standard (eg b,n,ac etc) ?
Have you checked the speed directly from your router?
What is the "guaranteed" speed your provider advertises for your package?
Is your cable tv coming in on the same line as your internet?

We can diagnose further after you answer the above.

best

mqqn

POEX = Points over expectation (points a team has scored above or below their projected team totals)

Green = points over expectation
Red = points below expectation
DLTiRzGWkAEdnPh.jpg:large

Best TE matchup of the week (pretty much every week) is NYG, the problem is the change in tgt share seems to make no sense based on everything people say about Henry and efficiency.

Gates is the LAC's "I just can't quit you"
DLYzbx3WsAAr8VK.jpg:large

My noble advisory has no scoring opportunities left; I'm down by 1 point with 2 players yet to play. Based on how my season is going to date; I'll lose this game.

Well well! First trade of the season in our league>Runners and Terriers have made quite a few in the past! Well, I hope my new player is GREAT and it would be fine if Peters new player ran off and joined the circus!

Back