JK Minimalist Wharnie

I just got my little wharnie in the mail today and couldn't be more pleased with it. I'd have to sit down and count my JKs but I know I'm comfortably into the double digits and I just wanted to comment on how John's work has progressed over the years.

My first JK was a Kephart (which I still have and love) purchased in 2009. When I got it I was very impressed with the workmanship and have continued to be impressed with each successive piece. What I received today struck me as a little different and somewhat of an evolution.

This knife is literally flawless. The level of finish on both the blade and handle is clean and crisp. The grinds are absolutely symmetrical and the knife was delivered with an edge that easily push cut paper. The little guy even has a beautiful sharpening choil. Again, this is not to say that my earlier JK's were somehow lacking because they weren't. This is more so a testament to a craftsman with an ever growing skill set and dedication to producing a top quality product.

I was truly blown away by the quality and for well under $100 delivered I don't know why any knife aficionado would not have one of these in his or her collection. I look forward to carrying this for years to come as well as seeing what's to come out of the JK shop. If this is any indication, John's fans will be in for some real treats!

Back