JK Neck Knives

The PSK makes a good necker.

5Gbv5Sk.jpg

Jeff

Good idea for a topic! I’ve made a lot of knives suitable for neck carry over the years, hopefully someone will post pictures of some of them. I’ll be actually making a couple for the January sale.

John’s “Tin Knives” would probably make good neckers, I’d probably put the Hikers Buddy in that category too.

The bluegill makes a nice necker. Not a JK design, but I've started carrying my Merican Puukko made by John on my neck since I wear a lot of sweatpants for yard work this time of year. It's a little heavy on the stainless chain I'm using but it's not noticeable after a while. It's about the size of John's puukko so I imagine it would carry about like that one.

The deluxe hurley creek lite is another that carries really well on the neck (bottom).

uf56ybQl.jpg

The bluegill makes a nice necker. Not a JK design, but I've started carrying my Merican Puukko made by John on my neck since I wear a lot of sweatpants for yard work this time of year. It's a little heavy on the stainless chain I'm using but it's not noticeable after a while. It's about the size of John's puukko so I imagine it would carry about like that one.

The deluxe hurley creek lite is another that carries really well on the neck (bottom).

uf56ybQl.jpg

at first, I read that as Mexican puukko

what the heck would that be? if a puukko is the do-it-all knife from Finland, what's the do-it-all knife equivalent from Mexico?

oh, right. I remember now...

a machete :p

also... is that one of JK's nessmuks up top, or what model is it?

at first, I read that as Mexican puukko

what the heck would that be? if a puukko is the do-it-all knife from Finland, what's the do-it-all knife equivalent from Mexico?

oh, right. I remember now...

a machete :p

also... is that one of JK's nessmuks up top, or what model is it?

That was made by John for another member here, I think Creaky Bones. It's a large camp Nessmuk with a handle inspired by the Becker tweeners. It feels similar to a mini parang so I call it a pocket parang. It's a one-off.

One of these days I'm going to get all of my JK's lined up in the same spot for a family photo. I think that's my current JK's in burlap though.

One of these days I'm going to get all of my JK's lined up in the same spot for a family photo. I think that's my current JK's in burlap though.
Seeing all your knives in burlap made me get my Improved Bowie in that material.

Back