1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

JK Neck Knives

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by fishsquatch, Nov 14, 2020.

1. fishsquatch

fishsquatch

Oct 11, 2009
    I am a fan of neck carry and plan to carry my new (Jan 2021) EO1 EDC as a neck knife.

How many folks carry their JKs as neck knives? Which models? Post pics!

f1addict and JK Knives like this.
  2. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    The PSK makes a good necker.

[​IMG]

Jeff

Simplejack, bikerector, rpdur and 5 others like this.
  3. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Good idea for a topic! I’ve made a lot of knives suitable for neck carry over the years, hopefully someone will post pictures of some of them. I’ll be actually making a couple for the January sale.

f1addict likes this.
  4. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    The Atta-Boy would make a good necker - or just a good fixed EDC -

I believe this is the only one John made....

[​IMG]

best

mqqn

5. greatscoot

greatscoot Would you like a Fresca? Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    John’s “Tin Knives” would probably make good neckers, I’d probably put the Hikers Buddy in that category too.

JK Knives likes this.
  6. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    The bluegill makes a nice necker. Not a JK design, but I've started carrying my Merican Puukko made by John on my neck since I wear a lot of sweatpants for yard work this time of year. It's a little heavy on the stainless chain I'm using but it's not noticeable after a while. It's about the size of John's puukko so I imagine it would carry about like that one.

The deluxe hurley creek lite is another that carries really well on the neck (bottom).

[​IMG]

cbach8tw likes this.
  7. Hijo de Luna

Hijo de Luna Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    at first, I read that as Mexican puukko

what the heck would that be? if a puukko is the do-it-all knife from Finland, what's the do-it-all knife equivalent from Mexico?

oh, right. I remember now...

a machete :p

also... is that one of JK's nessmuks up top, or what model is it?

bikerector likes this.
  8. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    That was made by John for another member here, I think Creaky Bones. It's a large camp Nessmuk with a handle inspired by the Becker tweeners. It feels similar to a mini parang so I call it a pocket parang. It's a one-off.

One of these days I'm going to get all of my JK's lined up in the same spot for a family photo. I think that's my current JK's in burlap though.

9. greatscoot

greatscoot Would you like a Fresca? Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Seeing all your knives in burlap made me get my Improved Bowie in that material.

bikerector likes this.