Joe Bradley is the man (AKA- awesome Ka-Bar experience)

19-3ben

Gold Member
Writing just to say, damn if Joe Bradley isn't the man.

On Nov19, Ka-Bar sent out the email about new products including the new Kelly Green Dozier Hunter. The first thing I noticed was the picture in which the person holding the knife is cutting TOWARD his fingers. This picture just looks like a trip to urgent care.

4062kg-hero.jpg

So I sent a quick message to Ka-Bar saying essentially (paraphrasing here), "What are you nuts? That's an irresponsible and dangerous technique. My five year old knows better than that."

About two or three hours later I had an email in my inbox from Joe Bradley himself saying (again paraphrasing) "Yep. That's me in the picture and it's a terrible technique. I got hung up on holding the knife such that the Ka-Bar logo was visible and wasn't thinking about safety."

I was shocked at the incredible response time, and also how frank of a "mea culpa" it was. Very very impressive. I was also impressed that it was an email from Joe himself, despite how frantically busy he must be, rather than an underling. This sparked a few emails back and forth where we got to chatting about various products, kids, etc... The emails ended with him asking me my address. At this point, my spidey sense was tingling and I figured he was up to something. I never asked for anything, and he didn't owe me anything at all. I didn't need to be "made whole" with any goodies.

Well, at the end of last week, look what showed up at my door. The Ka-bar Kaster, and spork/knives all in triplicate (for me and my two boys), magnets, chips, stickers, an ice scraper, and even a hand written letter from Joe, tellingly boys to listen to me because I'm clever. I've been accused of lots of things, but clever is a rare one!

IMG_1504.jpeg IMG_1505.jpeg

Joe, you didn't owe me a damned thing, but took it upon yourself to give personal attention to a loyal Ka-Bar customer and send a pack for me and the kiddos to enjoy for years to come. I was already huge Ka-Bar fan, but damn if you haven't upped it another few notches.

Thank you.

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

What an awesome post! It’s another perfect example of why I am a very proud and dedicated KA-BAR customer. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Back