Joe Flowers machete book?

Chris, I'm writing a well researched book! And dude, you are on blade forums, can you really call someone having too many blades?

I used to have ALOT more, but I have been selling the doubles and triples to machete-less people in an effort to spread understanding and "out of the box" thinking in my area.

Tree!
Been working on the book for about a year now. Got tired of all the internet fake knowledge out there and started hard research. There are plenty of axe books out there with tons of knowledge that you don't see on the web, but no one has done justice for the sling blade. Alot of it is political though and I didn't want that to be a main focus, but rather all the real stuff no one even had an idea about.

Its going to take a long time to finish because I have to go to the south pacific for a big portion of it.

Was this book ever published?

Never heard of it but I’d definitely buy it if it was/is published… 🤞

Well researched books are a lot harder than many writers think until they try it. I haven't heard anything about Joe making that trip to the South Pacific yet but I would think he would be better off going to Southeast Asia and or the Philippines.

Well researched books are a lot harder than many writers think until they try it. I haven't heard anything about Joe making that trip to the South Pacific yet but I would think he would be better off going to Southeast Asia and or the Philippines.
If he does go, I'll tag along. I love the machetes over there. I'm familiar with Thai machetes and some Lao, Burmese and Cambodian blades are similar. We could go on a collecting spree. I'd like to get a few more dozen cool knives before I get so old I won't know what to do with them.

I had some good times in Thailand occasionally working with an elderly farmer/blacksmith. His setup was much like this. (I sometimes worked the air pumps.)

6402_27r_sm.jpg

Back