Joe P.

I keep chuckling to myself, Joe. These dogs are built like you, brother. Look at the friggin' striations across the chest and legs. Even their muscles have muscles!

I keep chuckling to myself, Joe. These dogs are built like you, brother. Look at the friggin' striations across the chest and legs. Even their muscles have muscles!

I've always loved performance oriented dogs and I've exercised the hell out of all my dogs

People would comment on the muscle on my Dogos and Rotties

These puppies at barely 7 weeks have good muscle and bone

I will get them real tight

Only the best food and exercise

Here is a pic of my dear departed Tuco at around the same age

Here is Max

This is what Tuco Turned into

So I have high hopes for Max and This little girl Lady

Last edited:
Funny Rick :)

Jonathon

I've used a lot of good foods but in general it's a dry kibble base (right now Fromm) and a mixture of cottage cheese , beef, and or chicken

During the season deer meat also

I use all my dogs in the woods

Any prey driven dog will hunt

All of my dogs track deer

I don't know these guys noses yet but we will see

One of my biggest archery bucks was found by one of my old Rottweillers

Nothing like a working dog :)

Thank you

Somehow over the generations they bred in the pricked ear :)

I'm conflicted on how I feel about it. I think it's sad that ears not standing up is somehow considered deficient. We have a GSD pup and he's a beautiful dog but his ears don't stand. We believe that he was turned out by a breeder because it's considered such a big defect in the breed.

He is rapidly becoming one of the best dogs I have ever had.

Ears dont matter buddy

German Shepard puppy ?

How old ?

Are you feeding it cottage cheese mixed in his food ?

Did you tape ?

These guys have a very thin ear and they stand fairly easy

They were only taped for 4 days and are staying up

Last edited:
He's just over a year old. He was picked up on the street by a family. They wanted to keep him but already had to many dogs. They turned him into a shelter and he was rescued from the shelter by a rescue and we adopted him from there. He was only 50lbs when they found him and 3 months later he is already 80+lbs. I was actually talking with the wife about adding cottage cheese to the pups' diets after reading this.

His name is also Max:

20160614_135250.jpg

Here he is with our other dog, Sophie. We've had her since she was 9 months old and she's 7 now. Border Collie/GSD mix.

20160614_135229.jpg

He's just over a year old. He was picked up on the street by a family. They wanted to keep him but already had to many dogs. They turned him into a shelter and he was rescued from the shelter by a rescue and we adopted him from there. He was only 50lbs when they found him and 3 months later he is already 80+lbs. I was actually talking with the wife about adding cottage cheese to the pups' diets after reading this.

His name is also Max:

20160614_135250.jpg

Here he is with our other dog, Sophie. We've had her since she was 9 months old and she's 7 now. Border Collie/GSD mix.

20160614_135229.jpg

They are both beautiful and your Max sure is handsome

Like I said ears do not matter

But if you want to try and get them up mix some cottage food in his food

It's also great for the coat .... Just a great protein and calcium source

You can also try Knox gel but at his age if you want them to stand tape them

When done correctly it does not hurt its more of a nuisance

My little demons were using it for tug a war handles :)

I had to tape my Dogos also even though they were cropped

This is Ruark he is an awesome AM Staff that my buddy has

Even with his short ears he needed taped for a month

He's freakin out that my gremlins were only taped a few days

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that they don't stand up. It's just crazy to think that someone might have turned this sweet dog out simply because of his ears. GSD breeders are really hardcore when it comes to dogs with floppy ears. Such a huge no-no.

Breeders can be in general pretty rough

I hope that was not the case for your boy and I'm sure glad you got him and are giving him the home that he deserves

I thought you had your new pups ears cropped when I saw the pics too... but it's cool that it wasn't necessary and they look great! We work w/ Lab Rescue and have seen a bunch of CR@P done to dogs so although I totally understand cropping ears and such, it's hard for me to do it to a dog unless absolutely necessary. :) Good thing is Labs have big floppy ears and the 'standard' is left that way. :) Although it's funny when taking our pups for car rides and their ears stick up in the wind... they look like Bats.

BTW... never heard of mixing in Cottage Cheese w/ dog food. What's the purpose? Would be a good thing to add into our dogs food whenever they get finicky about the dry kibble.

Since we all love pics... here are our 2 Labs... our young girl Libby (75 lbs) on the left and Sr. black boy Cash (80 lbs) on the right... 16 months and 7 years. We had just taken them to the park for a walk and of course they got to go for a nice Jeep ride. :)

Last edited:
This thread is complicating my life, Joseph!

My wife is chomping at the bit to get another dog(s). I had a hard time with our last two. I was holding them for each of their passings. Then hiked each of them 4-5km up into the woods to bury them. Both from the same litter, they died 5yrs apart. Cancer and Lyme.

RIP... Calla(black) and Indy. (both Aus. Cattle Dog/ Lab mix)

I thought you had your new pups ears cropped when I saw the pics too... but it's cool that it wasn't necessary and they look great! We work w/ Lab Rescue and have seen a bunch of CR@P done to dogs so although I totally understand cropping ears and such, it's hard for me to do it to a dog unless absolutely necessary. :) Good thing is Labs have big floppy ears and the 'standard' is left that way. :) Although it's funny when taking our pups for car rides and their ears stick up in the wind... they look like Bats.

BTW... never heard of mixing in Cottage Cheese w/ dog food. What's the purpose? Would be a good thing to add into our dogs food whenever they get finicky about the dry kibble.

Since we all love pics... here are our 2 Labs... our young girl Libby (75 lbs) on the left and Sr. black boy Cash (80 lbs) on the right... 16 months and 7 years. We had just taken them to the park for a walk and of course they got to go for a nice Jeep ride. :)

Yes mix a table soon or so of cottage cheese in your dogs food

They will love it and there coats will glow

Handsome dogs buddy

I hate cropping ears also and I'm glad Bull Terriers are left natural

My Dogos were cropped and if I didn't do that they would not have had much ear left when I was done hunting them :)

This thread is complicating my life, Joseph!

My wife is chomping at the bit to get another dog(s). I had a hard time with our last two. I was holding them for each of their passings. Then hiked each of them 4-5km up into the woods to bury them. Both from the same litter, they died 5yrs apart. Cancer and Lyme.

RIP... Calla(black) and Indy. (both Aus. Cattle Dog/ Lab mix)

Rick

I am so sorry for the loss my friend

It just flat out sucks

It never gets easier .....ever

Do yourself a favor .... Listen to your wife and get more dogs

I know I needed to and they are really helping me my friend

Back