John Lloyd Knives

Thanks guys, the Lanny's helped me enjoy an apple today as the fall breeze blew by.
The scent of a fresh picked apple and a carbon blade tasting it's first apple of the season makes for an enjoyable occasion.

John, you are the man!!!!!!

You get a Lloyd knife or two, experience really well made and well conceived gems, realize what a bargain they are, and you are hooked. Interesting handles and outstanding blades - you can't beat 'em.

Five and counting . . .

Good on you j2shoes, Nice photo's, I really like that custom order of yours...very nice! :thumbup:

Great thread. Spent the evening looking and reading. Thanks to all who posted.

Great pictures of some great knives guys. I picked this one up recently and really like it.
John%20Lloyd%20A.jpg

John%20Lloyd%20B.jpg

Nice one, Clutch. That will certainly be a useful companion.

Nice Knife. How much does this knife weigh.
I don't have a scale to weigh it, but being a shadow design with light weight scales makes it very comfortable for an almost 4" knife with two full size blades!
Mark

Just got this bad boy last night. I love it, simple, elegant, and robust! John really got the barlow aspect right on this one, its got a meaty clip point blade that snaps open with authority and the knife just feels stout. The thing I love most about it is that I can pinch it open!

RCafb.jpg

jWdmq.jpg

k3GNZ.jpg

xOxPd.jpg

That looks great, Vic! I can only imagine how it feels in hand. What's its overall length?

I still get to see a John Lloyd every now and then, the one I held for my son while he was in training last summer. I gave it back to him at his OCS graduation. Once home again, he placed it on the table between us and said quietly, "I think this is the finest thing I own."

~ P.

That looks great, Vic! I can only imagine how it feels in hand. What's its overall length?

I still get to see a John Lloyd every now and then, the one I held for my son while he was in training last summer. I gave it back to him at his OCS graduation. Once home again, he placed it on the table between us and said quietly, "I think this is the finest thing I own."

~ P.

This one is 4 1/8" closed and 7 1/2" closed...not small. I'm quite happy with it, I tend to carry something in the 3 1/2" - 3 7/8" range, but since this one is a single blade it really carries very well, nice and slim profile.

It is indeed a very fine knife I can see myself saying those very same words about this knife...It is without a doubt the finest knife I own...quite possibly the finest THING I own as well

I was going to post a pic of my John Lloyd #6 but the server doesn't want to take it.

It's on Vince's site, Small Shadow Jack (sold)

The wood, "una del gato," is really nice. Looks like desert ironwood.

Each of the six Lloyd's I have is different in its own way. He doesn't make cookie cutter knives and I love his choice of materials for the handles.

On top of that, Vince is a heck of a nice guy to work with.

WOW!
Now I have to add Lloyd to my "wish list".
I didn't know he made a wharncliffe trapper, I LOVE THOSE!

Back