John Lloyd Knives

I have made between 4-500 slipjoints

It took me way too long to figure out how you couldn't remember if it had been four or five hundred. ;) - too long staring at the screen today.

Nice knives and attitude. :)

Just got my first John Lloyd knife today , when I opened the package the only thing I could think to say was " incredible".

I emailed John wanting something similar to the Remington Baby Bullet Trapper , but in a single blade ( eliminating the spey blade ) , he nailed what I was looking for perfectly ! I will get picts after I finish some work , but man am I impressed . Had just the right amount of pull , fit & finish is great , and in one of my fav steels to : 52100. This will not be my last John Lloyd folder that I order from him. Thanks John !

I sure hope John is making lockbacks...gonna need one of those too.

Still havent cleaned the waterspots of my lens from being caught in the rain last week , but I did snap a few quick shots to show off my new John Lloyd slipjoint.

I told John I love the Remington Baby Bullet Trapper , but didn't care for a two blade knife , and asked if he do something similar but with a single blade ( essentially leaving off the spey blade ) , this is what arrived today. It blew me away as soon as I opened the package.

Can't say I would change anything on this knife , and it slipped into my pocket like it belongs there , which is good , cause it is going to get used.

Thanks John !

The Remington and the Lloyd

IMG_0028x.jpg

IMG_0022x.jpg

Better picts when I can get my lighting gear set up.

Awesome...just awesome, this is just what we need to see, Johns knives getting out there..and just look at them!!
I just have to add, John has got that Stag looking absolutely beautiful :thumbup:

Still havent cleaned the waterspots of my lens from being caught in the rain last week , but I did snap a few quick shots to show off my new John Lloyd slipjoint.

I told John I love the Remington Baby Bullet Trapper , but didn't care for a two blade knife , and asked if he do something similar but with a single blade ( essentially leaving off the spey blade ) , this is what arrived today. It blew me away as soon as I opened the package.

Can't say I would change anything on this knife , and it slipped into my pocket like it belongs there , which is good , cause it is going to get used.

Thanks John !

The Remington and the Lloyd

IMG_0022x.jpg

Better picts when I can get my lighting gear set up.

John that looks amazing! :thumbup:

Another nice one from John. Congrats!

Thanks , but my pictures do not do this knife justice at all. I will take some better ones before I get scuffed up from use. I am looking to this 52100 taking on a nice patina over the years. :)

Elliot , I have you to thank ( my wife says she has you to blame ;) ) for bringing John Lloyd's knives to my attention. It had been far too long since I owned a custom folder .

John was a pleasure to deal with , communication was excellent.

I suggest if you want one of his knives , contact him soon , as the word gets out more , he is going to be a very busy man.

Elliot , I have you to thank ( my wife says she has you to blame ;) ) for bringing John Lloyd's knives to my attention. It had been far too long since I owned a custom folder .

What are friends for? Definitely a win-win for both you and John. :thumbup:

(And my apologies to the missus. ;))

Looks like maybe this is turning into a Lloyd Thread off sorts so I will add this one that I am very pleased with. This one I have carried a time or two and have used it on my layout table. The garden as well. This knife I must say has top notch fit and finish.

DSCN3497.jpg

DSCN3498.jpg

DSCN3501.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Duncan. Maybe this will become the repository of Lloyd Knives. He has been such a prolific maker a thread is probably in order.
Hi Brad...maybe I should rename the thread to simply JOHN LLOYD KNIVES.
The top desk knife of yours-if it is the same as the knife of mine I am holding for a thread...Vince has informed me that its Walrus bone scales used!..something different? ( and yet pretty effective )

I'll do it, Duncan. Let me know if you want it changed to something else.

John is a cool dude! :cool:

I only saw one big zip-lock bag of slip joints when I was at his house a couple weeks before Blade. Was only 5-6 lbs. :D

He must of had 3 or 4 bag fulls at Blade. :eek:

John has a bit of nice stag also. ;)

I'll do it, Duncan. Let me know if you want it changed to something else.
Elliot...yes please...to what you think fits-that would be great, thank you.
Nice to see everyone coming in with great comments about John, and to show the knives :thumbup:

edit:..ooops...Elliots already done this-thank you Sir..
I thought I would put a picture up of my good friend Bobs knife which was gifted to him...man...this is a sweet knife as well...here we go...
myknives010-5.jpg

myknives011-4.jpg

myknives012-6.jpg

Here is another of mine from John...
myknives009-7.jpg

myknives007-7.jpg

Last edited:
Another cool thing about John's knives (beside the carbon steel), is the vast array of patterns. Very refreshing!

And vast array of shields as well...some I've definitely never seen before...:thumbup:

Back