John Lloyd Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Campbellclanman, Jul 17, 2011.

1. LKJW

LKJW

Nov 21, 2010
    It took me way too long to figure out how you couldn't remember if it had been four or five hundred. ;) - too long staring at the screen today.

Nice knives and attitude. :)

2. John T Wylie Jr

John T Wylie Jr

Feb 1, 2007
    Just got my first John Lloyd knife today , when I opened the package the only thing I could think to say was " incredible".

I emailed John wanting something similar to the Remington Baby Bullet Trapper , but in a single blade ( eliminating the spey blade ) , he nailed what I was looking for perfectly ! I will get picts after I finish some work , but man am I impressed . Had just the right amount of pull , fit & finish is great , and in one of my fav steels to : 52100. This will not be my last John Lloyd folder that I order from him. Thanks John !

I sure hope John is making lockbacks...gonna need one of those too.

3. John T Wylie Jr

John T Wylie Jr

Feb 1, 2007
    Still havent cleaned the waterspots of my lens from being caught in the rain last week , but I did snap a few quick shots to show off my new John Lloyd slipjoint.

I told John I love the Remington Baby Bullet Trapper , but didn't care for a two blade knife , and asked if he do something similar but with a single blade ( essentially leaving off the spey blade ) , this is what arrived today. It blew me away as soon as I opened the package.

Can't say I would change anything on this knife , and it slipped into my pocket like it belongs there , which is good , cause it is going to get used.

Thanks John !

The Remington and the Lloyd

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Better picts when I can get my lighting gear set up.

4. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Awesome...just awesome, this is just what we need to see, Johns knives getting out there..and just look at them!!
    I just have to add, John has got that Stag looking absolutely beautiful :thumbup:

5. wagglebee

wagglebee

Jun 6, 2009
    John that looks amazing! :thumbup:

6. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Another nice one from John. Congrats!

7. John T Wylie Jr

John T Wylie Jr

Feb 1, 2007
    Thanks , but my pictures do not do this knife justice at all. I will take some better ones before I get scuffed up from use. I am looking to this 52100 taking on a nice patina over the years. :)

Elliot , I have you to thank ( my wife says she has you to blame ;) ) for bringing John Lloyd's knives to my attention. It had been far too long since I owned a custom folder .

John was a pleasure to deal with , communication was excellent.

I suggest if you want one of his knives , contact him soon , as the word gets out more , he is going to be a very busy man.

8. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    What are friends for? Definitely a win-win for both you and John. :thumbup:

(And my apologies to the missus. ;))

9. tleav61

tleav61

Nov 2, 2005
    Dam nice looking knives John. I'll have to put my order in.

10. ptradeco

ptradeco Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
    Looks like maybe this is turning into a Lloyd Thread off sorts so I will add this one that I am very pleased with. This one I have carried a time or two and have used it on my layout table. The garden as well. This knife I must say has top notch fit and finish.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  11. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Hey Brad...pretty cool knives there my friend, Im liking that bottom one especially!

12. ptradeco

ptradeco Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
    Thanks Duncan. Maybe this will become the repository of Lloyd Knives. He has been such a prolific maker a thread is probably in order.

13. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Hi Brad...maybe I should rename the thread to simply JOHN LLOYD KNIVES.
    The top desk knife of yours-if it is the same as the knife of mine I am holding for a thread...Vince has informed me that its Walrus bone scales used!..something different? ( and yet pretty effective )

14. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    I'll do it, Duncan. Let me know if you want it changed to something else.

15. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    John is a cool dude! :cool:

I only saw one big zip-lock bag of slip joints when I was at his house a couple weeks before Blade. Was only 5-6 lbs. :D

He must of had 3 or 4 bag fulls at Blade. :eek:

John has a bit of nice stag also. ;)

16. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Elliot...yes please...to what you think fits-that would be great, thank you.
    Nice to see everyone coming in with great comments about John, and to show the knives :thumbup:

edit:..ooops...Elliots already done this-thank you Sir..
    I thought I would put a picture up of my good friend Bobs knife which was gifted to him...man...this is a sweet knife as well...here we go...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is another of mine from John...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  17. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    Another cool thing about John's knives (beside the carbon steel), is the vast array of patterns. Very refreshing!

joeradza likes this.
  18. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    And vast array of shields as well...some I've definitely never seen before...:thumbup:

19. Don Hanson III

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah man, I love the fish shield !:cool:

20. John T Wylie Jr

John T Wylie Jr

Feb 1, 2007
    A little better shot of my new Lloyd:

[​IMG]