John Lloyd Knives

A little better shot of my new Lloyd:

LloydTrapper.jpg
I tell ya, that baby bullet is to me one of the coolest customs I've
seen in a long time. I love carrying the production version, so what an upgrade that John Lloyd is.

Here's one of two that I got from John last week. It's based on the Case 54 pattern, and it's a heck of a knife. You really can't beat 52100 and stag.

Attachments

• John Lloyd knife.jpg
    John Lloyd knife.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 139
Thought I would add this one to the mix. Top shelf stag!

DSCN3580.jpg

DSCN3582.jpg

DSCN3581.jpg

Two stag Lloyds:
DSCN3586.jpg

Last edited:
I just got this one from John Lloyd. It's a Texas Jack in Randall maroon micarta. I am very, very pleased with it. It is 4 1/8" closed. The main blade is 3 3/8", the pen blade measures a healthy 2 3/8". With 52100 steel (a favorite of mine), it screams "work". I just had to go with the fish shield ever since I cast eyes on the one that Duncan posted. This one is stamped "Loreto" under his mark as it is one that he made in Mexico while enjoying the sun and surf. John's ability is really coming up in this world and he is a wonderful man to talk and deal with. Enjoy!
008-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one, Corey and a classic pattern! Enjoy that one.

Good going, John. :thumbup:

Corey..nice knife there Sir!.
What knife did you model your order from?...was it any knife inpaticular?
The pen blade is a very healthy sized blade...thats a real nice knife you have there, well done, and John...please dont be shy of posting any of your latest stuff here in the forums...its a pure pleasure looking at your knives.

Appreciate the comments gents. :thumbup: I forgot to mention how I really like the sunken joints on this one.
Duncan, I have always liked the Case Texas Jack. Its geometry, size and blade selection have just made sense to me,
so I asked John for that pattern. He claims to have executed most patterns you can think of and he nailed this one.
Have a good day everyone...

Now that's my kind of knife maker!(giving away knives)
He is the real deal! I just meet him one time and only spoke to him a couple of times. I saw a pile of knifes on his table maybe 50 or 60 and their is know mistaking what he is capable of doing. Very humble person!!! I saw him giving knifes to young people
to get them interested in slipjoints.

Here's some images of a just received "Gunstock" from John. This one is going to see a lot of carry time in the coming days.
John is certainly taking his knife making seriously and to a new level with each new knife that I see.

Stats:
3 3/8" Closed
2 3/4 oz.
Stag

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Thank you, John!

Corey & Elliott, I like your new folders from John! Not sure if some of the other recent posts are newer folders or not, but it is great to see that John is stepping to the plate and concentrating more on his fit & finish. It really shows in many of his post-Blade Show knives. Plus, not many custom slipjoint makers are offering up carbon steel like John. That in itself should generate a lot of interest. Glad to hear and see all of the progress. :thumbup:

- Joe

I must say I have never cared much for the Gunstock pattern, but this one from John Lloyd has me thinking otherwise. I'm loving this one.Super good looking one here!
Another gunstock, single-blade trapper style. Sorry for the poor photography

photo-1-1.jpg

Guys...Those gunstocks are just awesome, Elliot, that gunstock with the wharnie is just beautiful :thumbup:

Elliott

Being new at the folder game, I have not seen a gunstock with a wharncliffe blade. Man what a great looking knife, the blades and the stag. Congratulations on owning the knife and to Mr. Lloyd for creating it.

Back