John Lloyd Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Campbellclanman, Jul 17, 2011.

1. wagglebee

wagglebee

Jun 6, 2009
    Great new shots John!

2. comoha

comoha Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2006
    I tell ya, that baby bullet is to me one of the coolest customs I've
    seen in a long time. I love carrying the production version, so what an upgrade that John Lloyd is.

3. JAlexander

JAlexander

Oct 16, 2003
    Here's one of two that I got from John last week. It's based on the Case 54 pattern, and it's a heck of a knife. You really can't beat 52100 and stag.

Attached Files:

4. John T Wylie Jr

John T Wylie Jr

Feb 1, 2007
    I agree 100% , my all time favorite model.

5. ptradeco

ptradeco Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2010
    Thought I would add this one to the mix. Top shelf stag!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two stag Lloyds:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  6. comoha

Jan 12, 2006
    I just got this one from John Lloyd. It's a Texas Jack in Randall maroon micarta. I am very, very pleased with it. It is 4 1/8" closed. The main blade is 3 3/8", the pen blade measures a healthy 2 3/8". With 52100 steel (a favorite of mine), it screams "work". I just had to go with the fish shield ever since I cast eyes on the one that Duncan posted. This one is stamped "Loreto" under his mark as it is one that he made in Mexico while enjoying the sun and surf. John's ability is really coming up in this world and he is a wonderful man to talk and deal with. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  7. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Nice one, Corey and a classic pattern! Enjoy that one.

Good going, John. :thumbup:

8. wagglebee

wagglebee

Jun 6, 2009
    Corey, that's a great looking jack.

John's work has come a long way very quickly.

9. DOWELLKNIVES

DOWELLKNIVES

Sep 17, 2008
    Looks nice. Really like the shield too. Congrats.

10. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    Nice work John! Congrats Corey

11. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Corey..nice knife there Sir!.
    What knife did you model your order from?...was it any knife inpaticular?
    The pen blade is a very healthy sized blade...thats a real nice knife you have there, well done, and John...please dont be shy of posting any of your latest stuff here in the forums...its a pure pleasure looking at your knives.

12. comoha

Jan 12, 2006
    Appreciate the comments gents. :thumbup: I forgot to mention how I really like the sunken joints on this one.
    Duncan, I have always liked the Case Texas Jack. Its geometry, size and blade selection have just made sense to me,
    so I asked John for that pattern. He claims to have executed most patterns you can think of and he nailed this one.
    Have a good day everyone...

13. tleav61

tleav61

Nov 2, 2005
    Now that's my kind of knife maker!(giving away knives)

14. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Here's some images of a just received "Gunstock" from John. This one is going to see a lot of carry time in the coming days.
    John is certainly taking his knife making seriously and to a new level with each new knife that I see.

Stats:
    3 3/8" Closed
    2 3/4 oz.
    Stag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you, John!

15. Sonnemann

Sonnemann

Sep 21, 2010
    Another gunstock, single-blade trapper style. Sorry for the poor photography

[​IMG]

16. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Real nice ones. John's amber stag is to die for!

17. canineforge

canineforge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Corey & Elliott, I like your new folders from John! Not sure if some of the other recent posts are newer folders or not, but it is great to see that John is stepping to the plate and concentrating more on his fit & finish. It really shows in many of his post-Blade Show knives. Plus, not many custom slipjoint makers are offering up carbon steel like John. That in itself should generate a lot of interest. Glad to hear and see all of the progress. :thumbup:

- Joe

18. tleav61

tleav61

Nov 2, 2005
    I must say I have never cared much for the Gunstock pattern, but this one from John Lloyd has me thinking otherwise. I'm loving this one.Super good looking one here!

19. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Guys...Those gunstocks are just awesome, Elliot, that gunstock with the wharnie is just beautiful :thumbup:

20. clk

clk Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Elliott

Being new at the folder game, I have not seen a gunstock with a wharncliffe blade. Man what a great looking knife, the blades and the stag. Congratulations on owning the knife and to Mr. Lloyd for creating it.