John Lloyd Knives

Lloyd Jack with Nguni horn covers, hanging out with some of its friends.

DSC0276.jpg

Love that story, that knife was meant for you :thumbsup:
It does feel that way, it fits my hand like a glove.
I wonder if John has any information about it, regarding estimated build time or location. It has a simple tang stamp when compared to the beautiful script one above. (Though it does suit the work-a-day feel of the knife.)
Os6tGAo.jpg
Image taken from the original sales ad by @klineh

Picked this one up from a fellow member this week and really excited about it. When I first started collecting I had a knife very similar to this but in mammoth by John that I foolishly sold, sowbelly with a skinner blade. I had no idea what I had at the time. Been looking for something similar ever since with natural covers and preferably with some texture, bazinga!! To a much lesser degree this was full circle for me similar to our friend @NJBillKs story. I never knew this was a specific Bose pattern that he calls a Rabbit Knife which I think is pretty cool : )
5332D535-B72F-4E2B-845E-EB02BCE8F6A3_zpswwnxc21f.jpeg

47A4F5F6-AFEA-4CF2-BF45-A34101AB02A7_zps8stgajns.jpeg

URL][IMG]

Last edited:
Picked this one up from a fellow member this week and really excited about it. When I first started collecting I had a knife very similar to this but in mammoth by John that I foolishly sold, sowbelly with a skinner blade. I had no idea what I had at the time. Been looking for something similar ever since with natural covers and preferably with some texture, bazinga!! To a much lesser degree this was full circle for me similar to our friend @NJBillKs story. I never knew this was a specific Bose pattern that he calls a Rabbit Knife which I think is pretty cool : )
5332D535-B72F-4E2B-845E-EB02BCE8F6A3_zpswwnxc21f.jpeg

47A4F5F6-AFEA-4CF2-BF45-A34101AB02A7_zps8stgajns.jpeg

URL][IMG]
I am glad that you were able to land the knife you wanted. It is nice to know that the knife you want is a reality, and to have it in hand is doubly so.

I just saw the tag, since it didn't register (and thus didn't notify me). Probably due to the addition of the "s".

Again, congratulations on the fantastic looking knife.

I am glad that you were able to land the knife you wanted. It is nice to know that the knife you want is a reality, and to have it in hand is doubly so.

I just saw the tag, since it didn't register (and thus didn't notify me). Probably due to the addition of the "s".

Again, congratulations on the fantastic looking knife.

Thank you very much! Dang it I did put an extra s didn't I?

Back