Jose "Pepe" Jalomo

I thought it might be time to show off the work of a maker that some might not be familiar with...........
And as a way of an introduction I'll use his own words from an original post not so long ago...

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, as a new Blade Forum member, i would like to introduce my self. My name is Jose (pepe) Jalomo, Jr., I just recently retired as a Training/ Tactical Sergeant serving 31 years with the Laredo Police Department. With me throughout this endevour and continues, is the Lord, my beautiful wife, two gorgeous daughters and 5 terrific grandchildren. Now a little bit about my passion, knifemaking, after continuous encourgement and tutoring from a great knifemaker and friend , Enrique Peña, i decided to work at improving my slipjoint knifemaking skills. I finally retired and jumped at Full Time knifemaking. After a lot of prayer,a trash barrel full of knife parts, and stringent inspection and expectations from Enrique, i finally got his "Green Light" and reluctantly decided to post my first knife and hopefully more to come. I would also like to Thank Mr. Bill Ruple who has been very humble and willing to share his tremedous knowledge in an art that he has Mastered.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=753009 ........This post also shows off his Saddle Horn Pattern

And these pictures show off a few more recent completed knives.....Lanny's Clip and a Back Pocket Pattern.....

Attachments

• 225.jpg
    225.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 528
  • 227.jpg
    227.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 228.jpg
    228.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 413
  • 229.jpg
    229.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 384
  • 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 380
I really like the way the jigging looks on that Lanny's clip! It reminds me of hammered copper. Very nice!

Very, very nice work! Those knives are gorgeous, I think you are going to fit in around here just fine. ;) :D

I've had the pleasure of speaking with Pepe a few times on the telephone about knives and our former professions and he is a gentleman whose worK I look forward to seeing more of.

Being around influences like Bill Ruple and Enrique Pena will only serve to hasten his progress toward creating high end slipjoints and traditional knives. :cool::thumbup:

I've had the pleasure of speaking with Pepe a few times on the telephone about knives and our former professions and he is a gentleman whose worK I look forward to seeing more of.

Being around influences like Bill Ruple and Enrique Pena will only serve to hasten his progress toward creating high end slipjoints and traditional knives. :cool::thumbup:

Elliott always says it best. :thumbup:
Those knives look super fine :thumbup: Is that bone ?
TIA,
-Vince

Those are some very nice looking knives. I hope he enjoys making them as much as I'm going to enjoy looking at them.

Some nice looking work. You can see the influence of both his mentors as well as some twists of his own.

Welcome. I am looking forward to seeing more and getting to know you. Thanks for the intro Jim.

Thanks Jim and everyone for those inspiring comments. I'm sure that you all know that comments like those make us work harder in keeping the Art of Knifemaking Strong and always looking forward to the next knife being better than the previous one. I make you a promise.......they will be better everytime!!!! I've got very strict quality control inspectors.....My wife and Enrique.

The Lanny's Clip has Jigged Black Canvas Micarta and the Back Pocket black Jigged bone.

This is a trapper that Pepe was working on and sent pictures of back in August which is based on a Bill Ruple Trapper pattern.

get-attachment.aspx

get-attachment.aspx

Closed Length: 4 in.
OAL : 7 in.
Handle Material : Black Canvas Micarta
Blade steel: ATS34
Bolster, liners, pins: Stainless Steel
Blade thickness: 1/8 in.

Last edited:
Teacher and Student...

attachment.php

Enrique Pena ( on left )

DROP POINT BACK POCKET
BLADE STEEL--------CPM154
HANDLE MATERIAL-------MY OWN JIGGED BONE
LINERS, BOLSTERS AND SHIELD-------STAINLESS STEEL
CLOSED LENGHT-------4 5/16''
BLADE FINISH--------HAND RUBBED
SHIELD PINNED / HALF STOPS

Pepe Jalomo ( on right )

BACK POCKET
CLOSED LENGTH.....4 3/8"
HANDLE MATERIAL....JIGGED BONE
BLADE FINISH.....HAND RUBBED
BLADE STEEL...CPM154
SHIELD PINNED / HALF STOPS

Attachments

• TS230.jpg
    TS230.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 113
  • TSS230.jpg
    TSS230.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
A new Back Pocket that i recently purchased from Pepe and wanted to show it of too......

Crimson jigged bone
4" closed
7 1/4" OAL

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 679
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 675