July BOTM!!

Its here rayof.gif

Its great! Feels great! Opens and closes with snap! Blade centered! Zero play in any direction!

A little gritty feeling, but a cleaning and lubing and a little time and that will go away. If it doesn't, I don't care!

Only thing wrong with it is I wish I had bought two. Wouldn't mind the ability to easily attach a pocket clip (just in case Buck is considering further runs naughty.gif ).

I don't have any intentions of taking my apart (famous last words). I bought it because of the aluminum frame. I have a C&C aluminum 110 and its impressed me with its sturdiness and light weight. An aluminum 112 seems like a no brainer to me.

I wasn't expecting the wood box. The April BOTM didn't come with one.

I'm very pleased. What a very nice knife. Well done Buck :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

unbox1.JPG unbox4.JPG unbox5.JPG unbox6.JPG
BOTMJuly.JPG

Not to belabor the point but just as a matter of record.

If I decide to keep the knife,does anyone have advice on how to remove the front handle screw which has a stripped head?

134287.jpg

134295.jpg

Last edited:

If I decide to keep the knife,does anyone have advice on how to remove the front handle screw which has a stripped head?
134286.jpg

134287.jpg
What am I not seeing? They looked removed to me.

134286.jpg

134287.jpg
there are ways to do this by cutting a new slot in to the screw to have a way to put a screwdriver or some other shape to fit another tool and remove. I'd just send back to Buck and have them handle it.

Its here View attachment 1383851

Its great! Feels great! Opens and closes with snap! Blade centered! Zero play in any direction!

A little gritty feeling, but a cleaning and lubing and a little time and that will go away. If it doesn't, I don't care!

Only thing wrong with it is I wish I had bought two. Wouldn't mind the ability to easily attach a pocket clip (just in case Buck is considering further runs View attachment 1383867 ).

I don't have any intentions of taking my apart (famous last words). I bought it because of the aluminum frame. I have a C&C aluminum 110 and its impressed me with its sturdiness and light weight. An aluminum 112 seems like a no brainer to me.

I wasn't expecting the wood box. The April BOTM didn't come with one.

I'm very pleased. What a very nice knife. Well done Buck :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1383868 View attachment 1383869 View attachment 1383870 View attachment 1383871
View attachment 1383872
Great post and wonderful pictures. Sure wish mine would show up!

I received mine today also and really like it. This knife also seems to have some "spots" around the screws. Not sure but it looks like some kind of residue, perhaps residue from a lock tight threadlocker? I will try to clean it with something to see if it goes away, for me it is not worth sending back though.

wawWdrD.jpg

I received mine today also and really like it. This knife also seems to have some "spots" around the screws. Not sure but it looks like some kind of residue, perhaps residue from a lock tight threadlocker? I will try to clean it with something to see if it goes away, for me it is not worth sending back though.

You had me wondering what I was seeing.It at first appeared to be scratches but when I place it under an LED light and view it through a large magnifying lens,it appears that it may well be some form of residue. Thank you.

PS:It's no fun,when your vision changes,as you age.

You had me wondering what I was seeing.It at first appeared to be scratches but when I place it under an LED light and view it through a large magnifying lens,it appears that it may well be some form of residue. Thank you.

PS:It's no fun,when your vision changes,as you age.

I totally understand how the vision changes with age, I would be more concerned with a stripped screw head and would definitely send it back. I wonder what to use to try and "clean" the "residue", I think I will start with hot water and soap first.

wawWdrD.jpg
I can’t tell for sure but are those screws torq style or Allen head ?

Back