July BOTM!!

Thats never good news to hear. I am the one that assembled the rear sub assembly (and the one that designed it) I did not use an electric driver. 2020 has hit our company as well but the show must go on. I do apologize for the stripped screw in the handle I had to thicken the wall by .020" to get the proper thread engagement but there is still the possibility of stripping when steel goes into aluminum, either from a bad tap, a shallow counterbore, a short screw, or a heavy hand. Human to human, I apologize for the error. Please send it back and we'll be sure to replace/repair it so you may enjoy the purchase, you shouldn't have to settle for a sub-par knife.
On a quality level, with every new design there are anticipated obstacles and ones that show during production/assembly (and occasionally in the customers hands). We are constantly trying to improve the design and process so we have less opportunity to commit said errors but there is always the human element. In this case, it was my error.
Let me be frank, Frank: Transparency is so refreshing. Thank you.

Last edited:
Still have not seen one on Ebay..I wish I had bought 2 or 3 ! What I'm waiting for is Buck to sell extra blades and handles so we can play 'Dress Up' with factory parts..Mr.Hubbard PLEASE let management know there's a market for this concept upgrades. Why make a take apart if we can't buy the things we need to play with it? I'm ready for S30V and S35VN blade's along with ANY drop point blades. Black micarta handles? YES! I was just thinking it would be cool to have a polished frame and even upgraded hardware..We would buy it if you made it!

Still have not seen one on Ebay..I wish I had bought 2 or 3 ! What I'm waiting for is Buck to sell extra blades and handles so we can play 'Dress Up' with factory parts..Mr.Hubbard PLEASE let management know there's a market for this concept upgrades. Why make a take apart if we can't buy the things we need to play with it? I'm ready for S30V and S35VN blade's along with ANY drop point blades. Black micarta handles? YES! I was just thinking it would be cool to have a polished frame and even upgraded hardware..We would buy it if you made it!
With only 150 made the aftermarket place isn't too interested in making anything unless thousands are made.
Hopefully Buck can make this knife on a regular basis, then we might see some options begin to show up.:thumbsup:

All we would need is a Beta test of 500 by maybe Smokey mountain or Copper and Clad to test the concept. But really how big a deal is it to offer a small package to judge intrest? I'll bet right now if Buck did a run of 100 S30V blades and 100 sets of Black micarta handles in just a little upgrade package of the two they would sell quickly. Mike Buck put a lot of time, effort and engineering into the take apart concept and I feel what will make it work AND be profitable to Buck is to sell extra blades and handles. It's kind of like the Barbie doll .The doll itself was a bargin but what made it such a success was all the accessories that were available. I just feel the concept is a great one..even better than the Selector. Collectors love to collect things and even if the TA-112 is never actually taken apart by some they will 'collect' every single item that Buck will make for it. I will for the 112 for sure! I don't think Buck made the 110-TA just for the BCCI but somewhere down the line do something with it. I think the key is to have it available in the Custom shop. I think if Buck released another run of the 112 and/or the 110 take apart with a 'package' of extra handles and blades maybe this time with a polished aluminum frame instead of black we would see a bunch of pics on the SPS with all the different looks a single knife could have. Have a black blade, black micarta handles on the black frame hmmm.. I would lol! I think there's a market for the TA 110 and 112 with optional blades and handles way beyond a few packs of handles offered 1 time to club members. I really believe its a great concept with a lot of opportunities for Buck to sell and I hope they run with it.

I am not trying to talk Buck out of optional spare parts, but I would still like a take apart knife for the ability to clean, lubricate, and fine tune it.

You had me wondering what I was seeing.It at first appeared to be scratches but when I place it under an LED light and view it through a large magnifying lens,it appears that it may well be some form of residue. Thank you.

PS:It's no fun,when your vision changes,as you age.
I did hand apply locktite on the back screws and the scales screws got the same treatment. As for the stripped head; every part on that knife (except the spring) was made in our shop here in Post Falls (some screws and miscellaneous parts are purchased for other models) my guess would be the broach on the screw machine didn't do its job or a worn driver got ahold of it. If you can get it out I'll see what I can do on Monday to get you a screw or two to replace it.

One just showed up on auction site If they didn’t want it why did they buy it that one could have been mine or someone else’s

to flip it and make money. many of these people in the hobby. hes at about 50 + bucks over the out the door tax and shipped price they sold for, to start his auction.

Mixed feelings on this topic but leaning towards a limit of 1. Even a limit of 1 for 24 hours after the email is sent would make it a whole lot fairer. If I'm on the mower for a couple hours when the email hits I'm SOL. I'm all for free enterprise but getting these limited runs in the hands of the "true" aficionados should be Buck's highest priority.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings on this topic but leaning towards a limit of 1. Even a limit of 1 for 24 hours after the email is sent would make it a whole lot fairer. If I'm on the mower for a couple hours when the email hits I'm SOL. I'm all for free enterprise but getting these limited runs in the hands of the "true" aficionados should be Buck's highest priority.

The one on ebay? How do we know it wasnt someone who decided they didn't want the knife after they received it the sale may not be for profit. It might be as well. Not sure who the seller was.

Unfortunately there's no way for Buck to restrict sales to individuals. The only thing they can do is build more. We wouldn't have these if the BCCI version would of happened. That was a route that limits to BCCI members only.

I couldn’t agree more! It’s happened to me at least two times on a knife I would have definitely bought. It really irritates me when I see they have 4 or more on the auction site at 2x or more than the original price through Buck. They must have more than one account to get that many or friends and family together. On limited runs of less than say 200 there should be a limit of one per customer to give others a chance to get one then after a few days if any are left then allow for additional purchase.

There are a few ebay sellers I know of that have purchased from people here and then relist for a higher price on ebay....... (and I know it's not the same person here and there)
....And they have done it more than once.
Once they even used the same pictures.
I don't know if the person here is even aware, but if all you are looking to do is to sell the knife I guess it doesn't even matter.
But if your an interested buyer, it sorta sucks.

The one on ebay? How do we know it wasnt someone who decided they didn't want the knife after they received it the sale may not be for profit. It might be as well. Not sure who the seller was.

Unfortunately there's no way for Buck to restrict sales to individuals. The only thing they can do is build more. We wouldn't have these if the BCCI version would of happened. That was a route that limits to BCCI members only.

could be.

agree no real reason to leave money on the table, unless of course, if he was selling to one of us here.:D:p

I guess they don't like the February BOTM either....... as they have that for sale also.:rolleyes:
Probably just a coincidence........

THey are misrepresenting the Blade also, trying to entice people to bite on it...

I was tempted to bid on myself because I only bought 1.I like the idea of one per person. It was much worse for most of the build outs a few years back. Some 'resellers' would buy 5 10 or more then double and triple the price. That really bothered me.

Back