Jumbo jacks!

Nice big hand-filling Case 3299:

YIaGaA4.jpg

I just posted an article on the #86 Oil Field Jack on Knife Thoughts, link in bio. I'm liking the Jumbo Jack frame.
Hey, wanted to say your vid on YouTube about the 86's gave me the push I needed to purchase one in oil sucker rod wood as a gift for my Dad. Hes not an oilfield worker, but is a mechanic so I think he'll like the shield. I've made arrangements to buy one from another forum member. I'm also going to get a micarta one for myself as a user. Your comparisons to other knives really illustrated to me the beefiness of the pattern. Thanks for posting it:thumbsup:

Hey, wanted to say your vid on YouTube about the 86's gave me the push I needed to purchase one in oil sucker rod wood as a gift for my Dad. Hes not an oilfield worker, but is a mechanic so I think he'll like the shield. I've made arrangements to buy one from another forum member. I'm also going to get a micarta one for myself as a user. Your comparisons to other knives really illustrated to me the beefiness of the pattern. Thanks for posting it:thumbsup:

No, thank YOU for posting this. Comments like yours are what keeps me motivated to do it. I really appreciate you watching and reading.

Jumbos with a Schrade-made E. WECK (about the size of a GEC #15) to show the sizes!!
Thick !!
View attachment 1235663 View attachment 1235664 View attachment 1235665

Those are just so great Charlie!

It looks to me like, although they are longer than the typical jack, the thing that distinguishes a Jumbo Jack is the pronounced thickness and roundness of the handles / covers. Is that a fair assessment?

I have a Case single and 2 blade folding hunter. I really like this pattern.

Geoff

Those are just so great Charlie!

It looks to me like, although they are longer than the typical jack, the thing that distinguishes a Jumbo Jack is the pronounced thickness and roundness of the handles / covers. Is that a fair assessment?

Thanks, and good question!! I think the formula for an actual "JUMBO" is the thick main spring and main blade, as well as the heavy rounded handles, Logan!!:thumbsup:
The Case knives are nice, hefty handfuls, but aren't the old definition of Jumbo Jacks!!
The names of knife patterns change over the years, but this "old dog" doesn't do new tricks!!!:eek::D

Thanks, and good question!! I think the formula for an actual "JUMBO" is the thick main spring and main blade, as well as the heavy rounded handles, Logan!!:thumbsup:
The Case knives are nice, hefty handfuls, but aren't the old definition of Jumbo Jacks!!
The names of knife patterns change over the years, but this "old dog" doesn't do new tricks!!!:eek::D

Thanks Charlie! I'm glad I got it pretty close to correct

Thanks for the compliments and "likes" everyone!!:thumbsup:
I love those big Jumbos!!:) They are wonderful to hold, but are quite a "rock" in a pocket!!
I carried one a bit when I was building houses . . . . . . . . long ago!!!
But a Barlow is still my go-to, except when I am carrying my new Oil Field, or my Pattada, , or my Willamette Whittler, or, or . . . . .:D

1z93uvu.jpg
Vz1dI1Y.jpg
cwm19Cq.jpg

byWBTti.jpg

Just acquired this one today, out with the boss on an "errand day" stopped at a pawn shop that has a nice spread of cutlery. Brand new old stock, only real flaw is the inleting for the shield must have been Friday end of shift work. But like almost all of mine this will be a user, so long as it dont fall out I can live with the gap.

Jumbos with a Schrade-made E. WECK (about the size of a GEC #15) to show the sizes!!
Thick !!
View attachment 1235663 View attachment 1235664 View attachment 1235665

Charlie, those look fantastic! If I remember correctly, you had a couple of Jumbo Jacks in your case at the Oregon Knife Show that caught my interest. They were certainly an experience and definitely not an unpleasant one!

1z93uvu.jpg
Vz1dI1Y.jpg
cwm19Cq.jpg

byWBTti.jpg

Just acquired this one today, out with the boss on an "errand day" stopped at a pawn shop that has a nice spread of cutlery. Brand new old stock, only real flaw is the inleting for the shield must have been Friday end of shift work. But like almost all of mine this will be a user, so long as it dont fall out I can live with the gap.

Someone else posted this Case earlier and it has my interest piqued, I might have to hunt one down. I really wish that Case would make swell end Jacks again.

Back