1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Just a few pics of a new pickup

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by NVWolfpack, May 30, 2019.

1. NVWolfpack

NVWolfpack

Aug 3, 2018
    I checked out a new local store today, and it turns out they are the oldest Protech retailer in the US and have an insane inventory. He was really nice and he gave me a killer deal on this magic auto with Devon Thomas stainless herringbone Damascus. Cant beat supporting a great us brand and a great local retailer.

This is my first Protech. Fit and finish are very good, action is great, hair splitting sharp. Black aluminum handle with ivory micarta inlay and ss Damascus blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HarryD, gotgoat, DCFree and 8 others like this.
  2. akguy59

akguy59

Aug 19, 2017
    That is one beautiful knife.

3. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Nice score. Looks great, man.

4. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    One of the few Damascus types I like. I'd carry it. Nice knife! :thumbsup:

5. BadtotheBugs

BadtotheBugs Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2018
    That's a great looking knife. How do you deploy the blade?

6. NVWolfpack

NVWolfpack

Aug 3, 2018
    Thanks everyone!

The bolster with the weave pattern slides over to release the lock. It is really a simple lock back mechanism with that bolster attached to the locking back, which is pretty genius and reminds me of an expensive Michael Walker bolster lock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DCFree and Llasi like this.
  7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    That's actually a really nice looking knife.
    I could completely see myself carrying one in a leather belt sheath, or a little one loose in my pocket.

8. NVWolfpack

NVWolfpack

Aug 3, 2018
    It weighs nothing you could loose carry it no problem. I might grab an ivory leather lanyard and Damascus or black bead.

9. folder geek

folder geek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Did you get that from John?
    I didn't know he had a store.
    Great score!
    Cheers

10. JC972

JC972

Mar 17, 2015
    That is one slick looking knife! I'm jealous man. I've never seen anything like that before.

11. NVWolfpack

NVWolfpack

Aug 3, 2018
    Thanks, yes it was from John Etten, in Ren, NV, he has a shop called heritage collectibles. He has some really great knives from full master smith customs to production knives, and I believe he has a website and will ship elsewhere. Great service and a very nice guy he showed me some really amazing knives from his collection.

12. coinbuysell

coinbuysell Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2014
    That is the best looking "Whiskers" that I have ever seen, congrats on the purchase!

13. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Very sweet ! But I was expecting to see your new pick up TRUCK . ;)

14. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Truck picks didnt load...just a nice knife. Checking back to see your pickup.

DocJD likes this.
  15. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Came here expecting a knife-themed vehicle, ala the Spydero I spotted at a local mall.

[​IMG]

Dallas T, DocJD and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  16. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Almost afraid to ask ...where's the hole ? :p

Dallas T likes this.
  17. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I also came to this thread for the pick up truck. The knife pics are cool too!! Just to bring it back to pick up trucks. There is an old Ford (mid 60s?) truck down the road from my house that has a local company's advertisement on it, and the hub caps are custom, cool look....old and new but definitely a solid user. Another one I like is the two tone Studabaker truck in the Idaho potato commercial.

18. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    The "secret weapon" Studebaker with the dragster motor and flames is the pickup I want.

This is a beautiful piece. I'd be proud to sport that around town. Nice score, and good on you for supporting the Brick & Mortar boys.

19. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    Nice grab. I'm from Reno and didn't even realize there was such a nice knife shop :confused:

20. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Neighbor of mine has an old f350 long bed. Don’t know the exact year, I’m guessing mid 80s. Dude put a 6 inch lift on it, custom paint job. Despite my general dislike of fords (Dodge4ever), I’ll admit, it looks pretty cool.

Oh and that knife looks fun. I’ve always wanted a Protech but alas they’re sadly illegal in my state.