Just a few pics of a new pickup

I checked out a new local store today, and it turns out they are the oldest Protech retailer in the US and have an insane inventory. He was really nice and he gave me a killer deal on this magic auto with Devon Thomas stainless herringbone Damascus. Cant beat supporting a great us brand and a great local retailer.

This is my first Protech. Fit and finish are very good, action is great, hair splitting sharp. Black aluminum handle with ivory micarta inlay and ss Damascus blade.

20190530_164440_zpsdzs3op5c.jpg

20190530_164451_zpszeexuf7h.jpg

20190530_164456_zpslx5u4mlm.jpg

20190530_164508_zpso6ibjcpm.jpg

20190530_164520_zps7zhzjkwb.jpg

20190530_164526_zps0xdenufh.jpg

20190530_164533_zps23beggma.jpg

One of the few Damascus types I like. I'd carry it. Nice knife! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone!

The bolster with the weave pattern slides over to release the lock. It is really a simple lock back mechanism with that bolster attached to the locking back, which is pretty genius and reminds me of an expensive Michael Walker bolster lock.
20190530_194104_zpswcy7vyzp.jpg

20190530_194059_zps4mhukoyc.jpg

20190530_194056_zpswcnutc7g.jpg

That's actually a really nice looking knife.
I could completely see myself carrying one in a leather belt sheath, or a little one loose in my pocket.

It weighs nothing you could loose carry it no problem. I might grab an ivory leather lanyard and Damascus or black bead.

Did you get that from John?
I didn't know he had a store.
Great score!
Cheers

That is one slick looking knife! I'm jealous man. I've never seen anything like that before.

Thanks, yes it was from John Etten, in Ren, NV, he has a shop called heritage collectibles. He has some really great knives from full master smith customs to production knives, and I believe he has a website and will ship elsewhere. Great service and a very nice guy he showed me some really amazing knives from his collection.

Truck picks didnt load...just a nice knife. Checking back to see your pickup.

I also came to this thread for the pick up truck. The knife pics are cool too!! Just to bring it back to pick up trucks. There is an old Ford (mid 60s?) truck down the road from my house that has a local company's advertisement on it, and the hub caps are custom, cool look....old and new but definitely a solid user. Another one I like is the two tone Studabaker truck in the Idaho potato commercial.

The "secret weapon" Studebaker with the dragster motor and flames is the pickup I want.

This is a beautiful piece. I'd be proud to sport that around town. Nice score, and good on you for supporting the Brick & Mortar boys.

Nice grab. I'm from Reno and didn't even realize there was such a nice knife shop :confused:

Neighbor of mine has an old f350 long bed. Don’t know the exact year, I’m guessing mid 80s. Dude put a 6 inch lift on it, custom paint job. Despite my general dislike of fords (Dodge4ever), I’ll admit, it looks pretty cool.

Oh and that knife looks fun. I’ve always wanted a Protech but alas they’re sadly illegal in my state.

Back