Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

IMG_0095.JPG Used some cold blueing yesterday... my tinkering sometimes gets away from me. I would think some use and pocket time will make her look better. Everyone have a good weekend.

Edit: that looks so bad I shouldn't post it. Maybe it will be a good example on what not to do. Haha

Some of the Goldens: Ale, Rod, and Retriever (in my avatar - RIP Penny). Been a while since I've visited this thread...lotsa very nice pics everyone!

MP6erdA.jpg

View attachment 751809 Used some cold blueing yesterday... my tinkering sometimes gets away from me. I would think some use and pocket time will make her look better. Everyone have a good weekend.

Edit: that looks so bad I shouldn't post it. Maybe it will be a good example on what not to do. Haha
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

can flitz even take that out? ive seen someone share something similar once and it was only a light coat as a test but whoa!

View attachment 754406 IMG_0075.JPG It has gotten the "flitzed" treatment a couple of times already. I'm pretty sure it will be easier to polish the blueing off rather than the "siriachi" patina.

I've got her pretty sharp at the moment so Im gonna wait a bit to do anything. Good day ode

This pic is of the last time I cleaned her up. Granted it is not for everyone but I am enjoying myself

Last edited:
A new acquisition - Northwoods Slim Jack:

An old acquisition sitting in a drawer for a long time (long story) - GEC Northfield 77 Washington Harness Jack:

I really like the heat-treat patina on the front-side of the awl/punch with the polished backside of the awl on the following pictures:

Oh man, great to see you too, Mark! Looks like you have a nice stair step effect going with those fine Barlows.

Back