Just a Picture:

Zisfi1k.jpg

8vLfLlS.jpg

OoGu03k.jpg

Man, I sooooo need a wooden handled Packrat! I love that profile.
It is a cool knife that doesn't get as much attention as many others. The handle shape is VERY comfortable and naturally provides an incredibly solid hold on the knife. The narrower blade near the ricasso helps with finer detail in a paring grip. And for you Brian, that Leuku is 3/16. :)

It is a cool knife that doesn't get as much attention as many others. The handle shape is VERY comfortable and naturally provides an incredibly solid hold on the knife. The narrower blade near the ricasso helps with finer detail in a paring grip. And for you Brian, that Leuku is 3/16. :)

The best kind of Leuku :) even better if it's tapered . I have only handled the Packrat at the shop, so I have only ever used them in my head. But I am familiar with that sort of profile, and already know things about that edge geometry I like. Working up close on the plunge line for carving with that cant to the blade, and the near continuous curve edge is the same type of force multiplier for a small knife that a re-curve is for a larger knife.

Back