Just a Picture:

2v2JYBFbDxurAoi.jpg

Kephart and bear cub.

I love how they are both desert ironwood, but different shades. I just got the Kephart today. I cant wait to get it out and use it.
The bear cub is amazing. The Kephart feels the same in the hand, just bigger.

hhet7YP.jpg

xWCWFOt.jpg

Thanks! I ran across the Kephart on DLT Trading. After getting that bear cub and liking it so much I couldn't resist. Especially since the Kephart was desert ironwood and had orange liners. I have been wanting a Kephart for a while. I was going to get a production model after reading how much @Bmurray likes his. Once I found this one though...game over.

Thanks! I ran across the Kephart on DLT Trading. After getting that bear cub and liking it so much I couldn't resist. Especially since the Kephart was desert ironwood and had orange liners. I have been wanting a Kephart for a while. I was going to get a production model after reading how much @Bmurray likes his. Once I found this one though...game over.
the Mid-Tech should still be in play:)

the Mid-Tech should still be in play:)

I really like the mid tech line up. The S35VN steel is awesome. I have quite a few folders in that steel (CRK, Hinderer, Spartan). Honestly though I find it easier, for me at least, to sharpen A2 steel in the field on loaded strops or on free hand stones than S35VN. I have never had a corrosion/rust issue with A2 steel. So I am finding that I prefer the sharpenability (is that a word?) of A2 over S35VN.

With that said I still want a Mid Tech model to keep in my "go bag".

I really like the mid tech line up. The S35VN steel is awesome. I have quite a few folders in that steel (CRK, Hinderer, Spartan). Honestly though I find it easier, for me at least, to sharpen A2 steel in the field on loaded strops or on free hand stones than S35VN. I have never had a corrosion/rust issue with A2 steel. So I am finding that I prefer the sharpenability (is that a word?) of A2 over S35VN.

With that said I still want a Mid Tech model to keep in my "go bag".
10-4
i get that
i keep a mid-tech Hiking Buddy in my driver side door panel

Back