Just a Picture:

Great pic!! And a nice Lonestar too ;-) I'm glad it's getting out for some fresh air.
I just climbed up here this morning to enjoy my morning coffee and spend some quality time with the Lonestar.

Gotta be like P.

2v2uP7Yq8xAKujh.jpg

Ya done good but bein like P. means to have an Esquire in the pocketses ... I thought.o_O
Must be in the pocketses of your Levi's to be like P. I'm a rebel. :rolleyes:

Y'all.

There is no disputing the goodness of an Esquire [in the original-fit Baron sheath] in the pocket of a pair of Levi's®...

3fMW0Kk.png

... Or maybe just tucked in (to which Nbrackett Nbrackett pays homage, above, intentionally or not]:
IMG_5311.jpg~original

... but I have proven to be an equal-opportunity pocketser, patterns and pants alike:

FilddlePockets.png~original

o_O

~ P.

Last edited:
Woohoo - Red Dyed Mango Esquire mail call today! With the difference in scale material, the grinds and 1/8" vs 3/32 the red one feels "definitively substantial" in the hand compared to its blue counterpart. Love both of em but they're quite contrasting in how they feel.

In preparing my daughters' lunches today, I thought their banana peeling would be easier if I just slightly cut into the base of the stem. The knife wasn't sitting all that long and I had no idea it would patina that darkly and quickly. Interesting ...

2v2uPC6QWxAKujh.jpg

Woohoo - Red Dyed Mango Esquire mail call today! With the difference in scale material, the grinds and 1/8" vs 3/32 the red one feels "definitively substantial" in the hand compared to its blue counterpart. Love both of em but they're quite contrasting in how they feel.

2v2uPC6QWxAKujh.jpg

I had the exact same reaction/surprise when my own 1/8" Esquire showed up to join my 3/32" in blue-- the difference in feel is amazing-- almost like different patterns!

The 1/8" Oreo has more substance than the 3/32" Navy blue, in subtle but telling ways beyond the steel thickness.

5who2yr.jpg

Note how the Oreo's bolster extends farther (it has more handle both fore and aft). Its pins are also further forward than the Navy's.

qaNTb6x.jpg

:cool:

~ P.

Did you really end up w/ that runt (jerry)? I think it holds the record for most changes of hand. It was in my collection at one time. The thickest blue mango scales. Your pic reminds me of an old neighbor's miniature schnauzer. Thought it was the baddest dog in the neighborhood!! :)

Did you really end up w/ that runt (jerry)? I think it holds the record for most changes of hand. It was in my collection at one time. The thickest blue mango scales. Your pic reminds me of an old neighbor's miniature schnauzer. Thought it was the baddest dog in the neighborhood!! :)

Curly blue mango, yes,* but I don't consider this Runt to have 'thickest' scales...? Granted, it's the first and only Runt I've seen in person so I have no comparative data within the pattern, but it does not present as 'thick' to me-- its girth feels well-suited to its length.

IMG_8088.jpg~original

IMG_8090.jpg~original

"Do my racing stripes make me look fat?" :oops:

...@jaz322, sending you a PM next. ;)

~ P.

* Curly blue mango, YAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!
batto.gif~original

Last edited:
Back