Just a Picture:

I really like the purple with the green liners :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just embrace the purple :D

slapfight.gif~original

... All told, I'd of course rather the knife look (even) better in person than in pictures than t'other way around(!), but it is admittedly frustrating that I can seldom make the camera 'see' what I do(!). Even when the knife is spot-on through the viewfinder/screen, the final picture almost always shows something different. I've never run into anything quite like this before!

It's not just that I don't prefer purple knives (ahem), it's that the handles on this 'falcen have a subtle beauty I can seldom convey, shimmer and shade and depth in a delicate BLUE. The whole handle 'moves' in the light....

I have the best success in lower-light settings and weird angles.

Sometimes this works for pictures of this knife, too. o_O

IMG_7748.jpg~original

IMG_7585.jpg~original

IMG_7893.jpg~original

~ P.

Last edited:
So it's early, I've just started the first cup off coffee and was doing catch-up on this thread. Looking at Pert's pic above yours I have Sylvrfalcen in my mind, then I scroll down and the lines don't look right but my brain saw a yellow handled Sylvrfalcen and then it said "What the hell is the one below it? That must be really small?" Maybe I need to get to bed earlier?? :)

Hahahahahahahah

slapfight.gif~original

... All told, I'd of course rather the knife look (even) better in person than in pictures than t'other way around(!), but it is admittedly frustrating that I can seldom make the camera 'see' what I do(!). Even when the knife is spot-on through the viewfinder/screen, the final picture almost always shows something different. I've never run into anything quite like this before!

It's not just that I don't prefer purple knives (ahem), it's that the handles on this 'falcen have a subtle beauty I can seldom convey, shimmer and shade and depth in a delicate BLUE. The whole handle 'moves' in the light....

I have the best success in lower-light settings and weird angles.

Sometimes this works for pictures of this knife, too. o_O

IMG_7748.jpg~original

IMG_7585.jpg~original

IMG_7893.jpg~original

~ P.

This post makes me start out LOLOLing and then NEEDING a Sylvrfalcen at the end...

my brain saw a yellow handled Sylvrfalcen and then it said "What the hell is the one below it? That must be really small?

Lol. It is a tiny little knife! A micro Camp Muck! My yellow handled one is a full sized Camp Muck, and the micro one is smaller than a Runt :D

love the hat ~P

Thanks! It's a favorite, for sure. I'll be sad when it dies.

I've never seen your Falcen in person but is the version on the left closer to what the eyes see?
2v2ugQKfjxAKujh.jpg

Sorta? The left image is too saturated, and not the right hue. The image on the left is actually decent, especially right behind the rear pins. The pictures I posted just previously are all decent representations, really.

Here's a quick lower-light, non-edited picture from work today that is very accurate-- save for the slightly purple darker areas at bolster and butt rear.

IMG_8608.jpg~original

(Fantastic grain....)

Success!

And then this happens, the washed-out and/or purple thing:

IMG_8057%201.jpg~original

IMG_7507.jpg~original

slaphead.gif~original

This post makes me start out LOLOLing and then NEEDING a Sylvrfalcen at the end...

My work here is done.
thumbup1.gif~original

Speaking of Runts . . . something just arrived today!!!

View attachment 791549

What a great-looking weehunk! Congrats. :)

~ P.

P, I was thinking the white balance might be off a bit, but other objects in these photos look fine. Maybe some degree of chatoyance that only the camera picks up? What kind of wood is on your Sylvrfalcen?

P, I was thinking the white balance might be off a bit, but other objects in these photos look fine. Maybe some degree of chatoyance that only the camera picks up? What kind of wood is on your Sylvrfalcen?

The wood is massively chatoyant! Maple.

You're right, everything else in my pictures maintains its look, images consistent with what the eye sees.

With this knife, the purple so evident in the images does not appear to the naked eye. It's not a matter of "turn it this way and that to see the purple, I guess the camera is catching the 'that', but something else at work having to do not only how light interacts woth the wood, but how a lens captures color otherwise not visible.

Were there no internets and Sharing, this would not even be a deal(!).

The knife is fantastic, the wood handles a myriad of chattering blue hues shot through with yellow, with the 'ribbing' seeing at each piece's edges.

4NKpDjj.jpg

I shall endeavor to not belabor my photographic frustrations going forward, but simply enjoy the ride. And the gibes, betimes. o_O

~ P.

Back