Just a story about knife guys.

I bought my buck 110 at 32nd Street Navel Station in 1977. I have added many knifes over the years but that was always with me everyday. I am out of work due to health issues. So I've had to sell my knifes at the pawn shop for a fracton of their value. Sadly my old 110 went 2 weeks ago for 5 bucks. I got a call today from the pawn shop and when I got there he handed me a box. In it was my 110 and a 50th annaversery 110 with a note that said knife guys stick together.

I hope he is a member and reads this and knows how much it means to me.

Wonderful story, Fatman. Great way to start the weekend. Thank you for sharing. Welcome to the forums and I hope you recover from your health issues as soon as possible. :)

Thanks for sharing our story Fatman and welcome to the forum. I remember 32nd St very well though I didn't get there until around 1980 as part of DESRON 7.

Great story, great knife, and lots of memories. I left North Island across the way in spring of 1977. Headed for home, hearth and family. Hope your health issues don't slow you down to much.

wow. what a great gesture. thanks for sharing. and, welcome to the forum.

Fatman, your post made my day. I hope you are feeling better and recover soon. Best wishes.

My best wishes to you Fatman, for your recovery and for the Holidays! OH

Thanks for sharing. This is a good reminder at this time of year how we all should treat one another.

Excellent story there.
Just shows that there are a Lotta good folks with knives.
Good luck on your illness.
Thanks for sharin!

If anyone ever has to give up a Buck knife in desperation, specially to a pawn shop, let me know.

I and probably dozens of others here will spring for some $$$'s and hold your knife for you until better times.

If anyone ever has to give up a Buck knife in desperation, specially to a pawn shop, let me know.

I and probably dozens of others here will spring for some $$$'s and hold your knife for you until better times.

I am with you Pack Rat on that one...

Great story and yes there are some very nice people in this world, although we usually do not hear as many good story as yours. I remember most of the boatswain's mate on board the USS Bennington CVS 20 carried the 110 and this was 1967 to 1968 that I was part of the ships crew.

Fatman,
That is a sign of true humanity!
I wish you the best and welcome to the forums! The 110 was the first knife I purchased at 16 y/o in 1975 and unfortunately mine grew feet so its great to hear your story!

Thank you for sharing the story, just shows there is good out there.
Hope you get better and welcome to bf. And merry Christmas to you and the rest of bf.

Thanks for your story. I hope things are looking up for you soon, and wish you happy holidays. Buck forum folks are a great bunch.

Back