Just Added the Horseman to my CNC Scales Portfolio...

These were done as a 'Thank You' for a forum member that generously loaned me his mini CQC-8 Horseman so I could scan it and develop the necessary CAD/CAM/G-code machining files.

X0QtKnE.jpg

TbPPEgY.jpg

IeSNJke.jpg

p2Cj7Hk.jpg

Tttqzpm.jpg
Gorgeous!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Any plans for the CQC-10? The stock scales are like sandpaper on this thing. PM sent

Last edited:
Boomer loving mine bud!! Amazing fit and finish, the way it should have been made.

574e3bea49f975dc0075e24cc93fe313.jpg

Thanks
Jr

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Any plans for the CQC-10? The stock scales are like sandpaper on this thing. PM sent

I just do not have the fiscal ability to purchase and run all the knives through the CAD/CAM/G-code process to develop machining files.

I will say our community of knife enthusiasts are terrific and I am constantly offered loans of particular models to develop... however that process is quite time consuming and I rarely have the free time to devote to processing new knife models. It can take upwards of 40 hours to get to locked down g-code files so during high season it doesn't pencil out to incorporate zero income hours of new knife development that displaces the income generation of CNC machining.

The Winter months of late December/January are a slow period and I typically add a new model to my portfolio. The latest was this Mini CQC-8. Even then you have to pick and choose what might be popular enough to recoup the investment of time and effort with future sales. As long as I have been machining scales I still don't seem to be all that smart with the selections.

Those scales look beautiful.

If you ever need a Phalanx let me know, I'd be happy to loan it to you.

I do not advertise as I am not a business... I have no website... just a guy with a CNC that enjoys embellishing my knives that morphed into providing machined items to those also wanting to do the same. When I am able I accommodate requests to machine scales, back spacers, and now pocket clips for a select number of production folders.

I maintain a projects archive on FLICKR... https://www.flickr.com/photos/mica17/ The pics are in chronologic order... oldest projects last... latest projects first... so lots of scrolling is required to see everything.

Ordering is a casual process typically done off thread by Conversation (used to be called Private Message). Prices depend on item and material.

I do not advertise as I am not a business... I have no website... just a guy with a CNC that enjoys embellishing my knives that morphed into providing machined items to those also wanting to do the same. When I am able I accommodate requests to machine scales, back spacers, and now pocket clips for a select number of production folders.

I maintain a projects archive on FLICKR... https://www.flickr.com/photos/mica17/ The pics are in chronologic order... oldest projects last... latest projects first... so lots of scrolling is required to see everything.

Ordering is a casual process typically done off thread by Conversation (used to be called Private Message). Prices depend on item and material.
Hi, looking for Carbon Fiber scales for my CQC 15. What's available, my cost and production time. Thanks Jan jlmazoff@gmail.com

Hi Jan,

I machine a limited number of Emersons... the CQC-7 (all three models... back spacer, standoff and flipper)... I machine the Commander (back spacer model and standoff model)... I machine the Mini Commander (standoff model) and lastly the CQC-8 Mini Horseman... unfortunately I have no CAD/CAM/G-code files to machine the CQC-15...

Ok, if you had the knife in hand or the scales, would you be willing to create custom replacements for me? Also have a ParaMilitary2 in black that needs a face lift?

Last edited:
Back