Just Added the Horseman to my CNC Scales Portfolio...

Boomer loving mine bud!! Amazing fit and finish, the way it should have been made.

574e3bea49f975dc0075e24cc93fe313.jpg

Thanks
Jr

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Where did u get that clip???

Mike,

I do not have the CAD/CAM/G-gode files to machine the Sheepdog scales... sorry. Commander (standoff and back spacer), Mini Commander (standoff), CQC-7 (back spacer, standoff and flipper) and Horseman Mini CQC-8 are all the Emerson's I have CNC files for.

awesome work......I would really like some scales for an Emerson Kwaiken…….can you help???

awesome work......I would really like some scales for an Emerson Kwaiken…….can you help???
I do not have the CAD/CAM files for the Kwaiken.

The way it works for creating the necessary files is having a disassembled Kwaiken and scanning the liners and scales. The scanned files get imported into CAD for tracing of the profile and locating the center points of the critical landmarks. The newly created CAD files get ported over to the CAM application for the creation of the tool paths.

With the files a proof machining can be made to insure accuracy and precision. Adjustments to the code are made at this time IF needed and the code is proofed again if necessary.

The code is locked down once all is perfect.

This process takes 20 - 30 hours typically. I can not devote that amount of non billable time to a project when there are orders in the queue. Development of new product is all done in my very limited free time... sometimes on breaks and lunch hour... sometimes after hours... and at times... on weekends. This can and does take weeks or even months to string enough free time together.

The last consideration is having the expectation of recovering monetarily for the hours invested to develop a new product with future sales.

On you cqc7 scales do we just pick one of the design's in your album,tell you what model of the 7 we have and work out the details/price through message or email ?

Mike,

I do not have the CAD/CAM/G-gode files to machine the Sheepdog scales... sorry. Commander (standoff and back spacer), Mini Commander (standoff), CQC-7 (back spacer, standoff and flipper) and Horseman Mini CQC-8 are all the Emerson's I have CNC files for.
I would love some green micarta scales for my cqc7.

Hi brother! Are you still making scales for the Emerson Mini-Commander or have some still around from past creations?

Yes... the Mini Commander is one of the few Emerson models I have CAD/CAM files for to machine scales.

I also machine the following...
Emerson Commander (back spacer model)
Emerson Commander (standoff model)
Emerson Mini CQC-7 (back spacer model) JUST ADDED
Emerson CQC-7 (back spacer model)
Emerson CQC-7 (standoff model)
Emerson CQC-7 (FLIPPER model)
Emerson Mini CQC-8 Horseman

I would love some green micarta scales for my cqc7.

I've never liked the smell of machined Micarta... it's odor is much like that of burnt electronics. I'm not certain if the exposure is a cumulative effect... but I've reached the point that even a small whiff of machined Micarta triggers my gag reflex. I'm not machining Micarta at present until I can try out some cartridge filter respirators to find relief.

The vapor from Micarta is noxious while G-10 and carbon fiber dust is deadly over time. You will not find a better set of scales than those from BOOMER52. Get yours before he figures out he isn't charging enough :)

Yes... the Mini Commander is one of the few Emerson models I have CAD/CAM files for to machine scales.

I also machine the following...
Emerson Commander (back spacer model)
Emerson Commander (standoff model)
Emerson Mini CQC-7 (back spacer model) JUST ADDED
Emerson CQC-7 (back spacer model)
Emerson CQC-7 (standoff model)
Emerson CQC-7 (FLIPPER model)
Emerson Mini CQC-8 Horseman

Thank you and sorry for the delay. I 100% would like a set, my Mini Commander G-10 has torn up so many pants pockets, it's no joke. I assume these are far smoother? Let me know how best to to work with you for a set. TY!

I posted this in another thread... Emerson Gallery and Glossary... but had a request for more detail with regards to fit and finish. I thought I'd start a stand alone thread to address that...

The attached images are of the first set of scales off the CNC for the Emerson Horseman... which I just worked up in CAD/CAM and added to my portfolio. The scales are black G10 with a FragBurst texture. They came out spot on and the g-code has been locked down.

Following the glamor shots below I also did a photo tour showing fit and finish...

RHB2tnq.jpg

vR75XKK.jpg

NiM1DQG.jpg

wn3usl3.jpg

VRDXaqa.jpg

KTHFDX1.jpg

z9GMEMy.jpg

YezeHpZ.jpg

dD9JaC4.jpg

A3IbgZk.jpg

oNeCWmD.jpg

3g4Yj9O.jpg

zWjUFMw.jpg

yGAQcda.jpg
Can you please contact me clayton00grand@gmail.co . I have a cancer ribbon project I want to work on

Back