Just Finished This Dude Up

I finished this mini "chef's knife"
It has .120" 1084 steel, paduake/mystery wood hand from afrika (or south america I can remember, it was not labeled at the shop) and black g10 liners. Held together with 3/16 inch brass pins
Hand sanded to a 320 grit satin. It was difficult to take a picture of but it also has a mirror polished spine.
Let me know what you kitchen knife guys think, I dont really cook and when I do I just use my pocket knife lol. I know the spine is a little thick but it is ground rather thin. I have only made one other kitchen knife and that was a year or so ago when i js was just starting to really make knives. My hand sanding needs some work too, but I didnt go too crazy with it because I knew it would stain within the first day of use.
da0ee983-b362-4041-a54d-20ef782a1a9f-original.jpg

1ed03bf5-a63a-4b39-bc58-9f8044b0b3b3-original.jpg

a0b1d681-969e-43b6-8241-58eb8f76936c-original.jpg
9a63bae1-a65e-4fb5-8bb5-8ca4cf524f75-original.jpg

Nice - Lately I have started to take paring-type knives in the field as they are really made to cut, typically have a tip that is in more of the center-line of the knife as opposed to up swept (personally more useful to me for piercing and auguring holes and easier to sharpen). Your example, has more blade height than others, which is actually pretty handy in the pinch grip, when choking up onto the blade for working with the tip.

I would likely use something like your blade as an edc blade - prepping food on the trail or in camp, wild crafting and forging edibles, etc.

Thanks for reading.

I like it! The older I am getting the more I like the shorter kitchen knives and this looks about perfect.

Back