Just FYI Re' PhotoBucket

PhotoBucket has been pestering me re' the fact that I have, apparently, exceeded the data limits of my paid account.
I went through all my photos and deleted many that I deemed no longer pertinent.
Got the same email. They want more money and I'm not paying it.
So, I have deleted all my photos from PhotoBucket and closed my account.
Consequently, every photo of Robeson and Terrier knives I have ever posted to BladeForums is now probably no longer present.
Sorry about that. And I'm not about to attempt to replace them.

They were sending me those as well. It took several e-mail conversations before they got it sorta fixed. They seem to have a lot of rectal cranial inversion issues.

The fact that for me every image I know is hosted by photobucket posted to the forums is blurred and watermarked I would prefer if everyone stopped using them. I am sure some clear images are around and unnoticed but they are the only one I actively notice like this.

Ditched PhotoF#ckit years ago when it became unusable do to all the ads.

Like others, I also ditched Pbucket when they defocused and billboarded everything and demanded ransom to undo their dirty work. I’m now doing my freshman studies in Imgur 101. One of these days I’ll be able to start posting pix again.

As someone who dumped PhotoBucket when they enacted their "fees", it really is too bad when viewing the various threads that they blur their photos if the viewer is not a paying member. This simply ticks me off and does nothing to convince me to become a paying member.

I hate PhotoBucket and will never pay them so much as a dime. I hope everyone else dumps them too and perhaps we can all start enjoying ALL the photos on this great site once again!

Dang, there goes a lot of good photos of Terriers and Robesons. I've always enjoyed reading about and seeing your collection. I don't bother trying to get into my PhotoBucket account any more.

Same issues as everyone else... same response to PBucket... no longer use them, as of about 5 or 6 months ago.

I dropped photobucket back when they tried to ransom everyone’s photos for hundreds of dollars (what was that, two years ago now?), but left all my photos there.

I’ve been getting the same emails; I just ignore them. I’ve never paid photobucket a cent, never will, but no matter how many emails they send about my account being over the limit, all my old photos are still there. (They’re not doing much good there, since I can’t post them anywhere, but I’ll sometime use it to find something I posted here in the past — a bit quicker than digging through tens of thousands of photos on my phone or computer — and I like the thought that they’re taking up space on their servers.) :D

I did the same Charlie some time ago.
It took me so long to rebuild my photos in my HJ Thread.

Oddly enough, I logged in the other day to P.Bucket as there are a few pix there I don't have copies of. Sure enough the e-mails turned up, badgering me to pay up, saying I've hardly got any space left. It's like Sect you can't really leave:D

Does anybody know how I can copy a few lost images and get them back? I tried just copying the image and putting them back into the i-photos in the MacBook, seemed to work until I examined them for editing-all blurred up..:(

I could start a couple of pages on Robeson knives, but I have sold many and they are no longer mine to post.

Terriers I could do and I assume I can load directly from my PC with a Gold Membership.

Oddly enough, I logged in the other day to P.Bucket as there are a few pix there I don't have copies of. Sure enough the e-mails turned up, badgering me to pay up, saying I've hardly got any space left. It's like Sect you can't really leave:D

Does anybody know how I can copy a few lost images and get them back? I tried just copying the image and putting them back into the i-photos in the MacBook, seemed to work until I examined them for editing-all blurred up..:(
I think you have to pay the ransom to get them back. :eek:

Back