Just got my brand new Sm Sebenza 31 PJ DL!!!

Sorry to hear. I was surprised to see the thumbstud as two pieces. I would have thought it was one solid piece pressed in there. If using two pieces... Why not thread them together like other manufacturers do?

I have been in the ranch, and hunting industry since 1987
And received a CRK large when we started drilling in the eagle shale .
That knife drove me crazy because it had some heat faults in the blade and would cut fine then literally just fall flat on it’s face during hunting season
They would send it to spa and return it months later, then the process
Would repeat, every thing is awesome about a sabanza till it isn’t
I assume they figured out the problem but I found customer service
Was arrogant and traded it off so it became someone else’s problem or became a drawer queen for show or collection use

Last edited:
I have been in the ranch, and hunting industry since 1987
And received a CRK large when we started drilling in the eagle shale .
That knife drove me crazy because it had some heat faults in the blade and would cut fine then literally just fall flat on it’s face during hunting season
Just curious, what is a heat fault? I haven't been collecting knives for very long, so I'm not up to speed on all the terms. And when you say the blade would just fall flat during hunting season, are you talking about it losing an edge quickly?

Just curious, what is a heat fault? I haven't been collecting knives for very long, so I'm not up to speed on all the terms. And when you say the blade would just fall flat during hunting season, are you talking about it losing an edge quickly?
Yes CRK helped create S35v steel and they had a problem with uneven temper , a blade would seem fine , then would get flat where the metal was soft, being that the warranty is void if you were using them for a edc, it was difficult to weed out the problem, because
Most people use a CRK as a collection piece, or trader on the secondary market, a person that carried one and got some pocket wear would have difficult time .
Lots of YouTube videos and discussions on internet as these “drawer queen “ with defects are traded and used then have a failure and because of the ludicrous price people were disappointed
Long profanity filled video about some of the problems

and a second one fast forward to 8:14 there is a second video if you link it

Last edited:
Seeing these kind of posts make me feel very fortunate that my Mnandi is just about flawless. At least I have not encountered a flaw yet.

Well, its officially on it's way back. First one I've even considered sending in for anything. I'll add a piece of positive comment, the small pj inkosingo I have has been my daily carry for 99% of the past 2 years. It's the best knife i have ever owned and it gets used for everything without a second though. Hopefully they just get this one squared away for me. I'd like to view it in the same way.

I can second this statement. I had a small inkosi a few years back. It was the first version with the grooved tang and then I had a large inkosi after that. They were the best CrKs I have ever owned. Tough, smooth, and just asked to be worked hard. I currently only have a small pj21. But I am planning to get another large inkosi here very soon

Well, its officially on it's way back. First one I've even considered sending in for anything. I'll add a piece of positive comment, the small pj inkosingo I have has been my daily carry for 99% of the past 2 years. It's the best knife i have ever owned and it gets used for everything without a second though. Hopefully they just get this one squared away for me. I'd like to view it in the same way.

Hope you get the problem solved. I believe CRK will make things right. Hopefully the mission of the company is to continue to produce quality examples of these great EDC knives that so many people use daily. I feel the “shelf queen / no carry” subset isn’t as prevalent as others have said here. There’s thousands of CRKs getting pocket time with happy owners.

I just got back from a camping trip and was impressed (as ever) with the performance of my 21. I’m probably one of only a few fellas making fuzz sticks with a Damascus blade, but that’s how I roll I guess.

NgGi3un.jpg

uArptk4.jpg

Hope you get the problem solved. I believe CRK will make things right. Hopefully the mission of the company is to continue to produce quality examples of these great EDC knives that so many people use daily. I feel the “shelf queen / no carry” subset isn’t as prevalent as others have said here. There’s thousands of CRKs getting pocket time with happy owners.

I just got back from a camping trip and was impressed (as ever) with the performance of my 21. I’m probably one of only a few fellas making fuzz sticks with a Damascus blade, but that’s how I roll I guess.

NgGi3un.jpg

uArptk4.jpg
I looked around for a small 31 dammy DL PJ before going with the one I bought. If I owned one it would get used. I've never felt nervous or reservation using a CRK. Never. That's why I appreciate them. My mindset has always been if I screw it up or loose it, relatively speaking they are easy to replace.

I always thought that way until recently. I'm nervous to damage my small 21 and not be able to get a blade for it.

I looked around for a small 31 dammy DL PJ before going with the one I bought. If I owned one it would get used. I've never felt nervous or reservation using a CRK. Never. That's why I appreciate them. My mindset has always been if I screw it up or loose it, relatively speaking they are easy to replace.

I'm happy to report that I received my small PJ 31 back just now. The thumbstud, which was an obvious fix is good to go. The lock rock that is an issue with an abnormal amount of these knives and that some goofy fan boys want to convince you isn't an issue but really is has also been fixed to my satisfaction. It was not an ideal experience but it was fixed to the standard that I personally have come to expect from this company and these knives. The knife is great now and that's all I can ask for. Well done CRK!

I am glad they got it back in good shape to you! I just came across this thread, like others I did not know that the double lugs were press fit instead of threaded. thanks for updating us!

[...] like others I did not know that the double lugs were press fit instead of threaded.
This dated video circa 2006 covering Sebenza production was what drove me toward buying a couple CRKs; single and double thumb lugs are covered in detail starting around 44m54s:

I been out on the 31. It isnot an improvement over the 21 in anyway and honestly I don't understand why 31s with issues are still leaving the factory. I love crk and I really hope they get their QC back to what it was.

Yes CRK helped create S35v steel and they had a problem with uneven temper , a blade would seem fine , then would get flat where the metal was soft, being that the warranty is void if you were using them for a edc, it was difficult to weed out the problem, because
Most people use a CRK as a collection piece, or trader on the secondary market, a person that carried one and got some pocket wear would have difficult time .

Say what?! Is this trolling?

Back