Just got to use my Howler LM

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by lagarto, Jul 28, 2007.

1. lagarto

lagarto

Oct 26, 2001
    Well I finally got to test out my Howler. I chipped some ice loose from the ice bin in the fridge a task at which it performed admirably. I then used it to peel and core a kiwi. For such a stout knife it handled this delicate kitchen chore pefectly. I didn't waste a single piece of fruit, but got off the thin layer of peel with ease. Way to go Swamp Rat.

Lagarto

2. ItchyTasty

ItchyTasty

Jan 21, 2006
    I love my HRLM to death. I haven't used it for food prep yet, but it's seen action in the yard and in the garage. It's even seen some "I'm bored" action too:

[​IMG]

3. Kraz

Kraz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    From ice to fruit to concrete forms, you can't get more versatile than that! :D :thumbup:

4. lagarto

lagarto

Oct 26, 2001
    Well I just attacked an apple with it a few minutes ago. The howler didn't do so well peeling that, but it sliced and cored it great. Can't wait to play with my M6 now. And now that I check it, it's no longer shaving sharp. Any good way to restore the edge. Will the Sharpmaker do it without ruining the factory grind? What's the edge angle, I guess is what I would also like to know. And are these asymmetrical like Busse's?

Quick update. A few passes on the fine sharpmaker rods and it's back to shaving sharp. Love this thing.

Lagarto

5. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Sucker makes some good chicken fajitas too. Wasn't used to using such a thick knife so I had to figure out how to cut the ends off the onion.:)

6. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    I'm glad the Howler is getting a workout. Keep us informed of it's continued use/abuse

:D:D

7. SIRGALANT

SIRGALANT Banned BANNED

Mar 16, 2005
    i`ve chopped and battoned my HRLM. it was pretty cool , it would be my EDC if i could get away with it. mine has a dwayne puckett leather sheath

8. lagarto

lagarto

Oct 26, 2001
    Eric,
    Will do. Do you know what the factory edge angle on these are, and are they asymetrically ground? Thanks.

Lagarto