Just got to use my Howler LM

Well I finally got to test out my Howler. I chipped some ice loose from the ice bin in the fridge a task at which it performed admirably. I then used it to peel and core a kiwi. For such a stout knife it handled this delicate kitchen chore pefectly. I didn't waste a single piece of fruit, but got off the thin layer of peel with ease. Way to go Swamp Rat.

Lagarto

I love my HRLM to death. I haven't used it for food prep yet, but it's seen action in the yard and in the garage. It's even seen some "I'm bored" action too:

Cardboard.jpg

From ice to fruit to concrete forms, you can't get more versatile than that! :D :thumbup:

Well I just attacked an apple with it a few minutes ago. The howler didn't do so well peeling that, but it sliced and cored it great. Can't wait to play with my M6 now. And now that I check it, it's no longer shaving sharp. Any good way to restore the edge. Will the Sharpmaker do it without ruining the factory grind? What's the edge angle, I guess is what I would also like to know. And are these asymmetrical like Busse's?

Quick update. A few passes on the fine sharpmaker rods and it's back to shaving sharp. Love this thing.

Lagarto

Sucker makes some good chicken fajitas too. Wasn't used to using such a thick knife so I had to figure out how to cut the ends off the onion.:)

Well I finally got to test out my Howler. I chipped some ice loose from the ice bin in the fridge a task at which it performed admirably. I then used it to peel and core a kiwi. For such a stout knife it handled this delicate kitchen chore pefectly. I didn't waste a single piece of fruit, but got off the thin layer of peel with ease. Way to go Swamp Rat.

Lagarto

i`ve chopped and battoned my HRLM. it was pretty cool , it would be my EDC if i could get away with it. mine has a dwayne puckett leather sheath

Eric,
Will do. Do you know what the factory edge angle on these are, and are they asymetrically ground? Thanks.

Lagarto

Back