Just ordered an ebony 110

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Father's day is approaching and I couldn't wait for the local Walmarts to get them in stock.
With shipping the total was at least $10 more than it would cost me from Walmart or something if I could even find one but I couldn't wait.
I almost had them engrave it ( probably just a Lazer etch ) but was torn between what to go with and figured my dad would be less likely to use it since they only offer engraving on the blade.

He's really gonna love it.

Father's day is approaching and I couldn't wait for the local Walmarts to get them in stock.
With shipping the total was at least $10 more than it would cost me from Walmart or something if I could even find one but I couldn't wait.
I almost had them engrave it ( probably just a Lazer etch ) but was torn between what to go with and figured my dad would be less likely to use it since they only offer engraving on the blade.

He's really gonna love it.
When you order engraving from Buck Knives they use an engraving machine on the blade not laser etching.

They look great, he'll love it....You should have got yourself one then shipping would have been free....
Oh I went with BLADHQ so shipping was only $3, and I already have my 110 and an LT so I don't need another.
If I was a collector vs an accumulator of users I probably would have, plus I just bought myself an old Camillus scout off eBay.

When you order engraving from Buck Knives they use an engraving machine on the blade not laser etching.
I went with BLADHQ since my orders are always fast and shipping is usually $3, if I want an engraved Buck I'll get it directly from them next time.

sure hes gonna love it. youre a good son. what father wouldnt be happy his son bought him a ebony 110. know id be thrilled if my boy bought me one......

sure hes gonna love it. youre a good son. what father wouldnt be happy his son bought him a ebony 110. know id be thrilled if my boy bought me one......

I know he'll love it because it's from me, but he's told me before that he wouldn't mind having one again and I know he'll just love the
You might want to get one for yourself too
My old 110 and my 110lt are enough for me, bought me a 55.

I just realized I forgot to actually order the 55 for me as well, oh well I could've saved $3 ordering them together but it's no big deal.

I’ll just add that the current Buck 110 with ebony handles harkens back to the earlier Buck 110 with ebony handles. I look at my new ebony 110 the same way I look at my two dot 110’s - something I could never say for the laminates (as good a knife as they are). The ebony handles make the everyday 110 a special knife. Great Fathers Day gift. OH

I’ll just add that the current Buck 110 with ebony handles harkens back to the earlier Buck 110 with ebony handles. I look at my new ebony 110 the same way I look at my two dot 110’s - something I could never say for the laminates (as good a knife as they are). The ebony handles make the everyday 110 a special knife. Great Fathers Day gift. OH
I love me some American walnut, but a 55 In ebony would be nice.
Especially if that 55 could be a Christmas gift for my dad to match his 110.

Perfectly said.

Great gift for Father's Day. I gave my dad a 110 years ago and he regularly carries it on his belt. Recently bought myself one of the new ebony 110s just to help support Buck. It's a real beauty. Just wanted to share.

The ebony sure does look nice.

If you don't like blade etching Buck will do one or both bolsters..

Well the knife arrived today and when I gave it to my dad after giving it a quick once over the first thing he did was put it on his belt, he definitely loves it.
We're not photogenic so no pictures though.

Overall the knife is everything I'd expect from a Buck, it's a bit stiffer than I remember mine being out of the box but after a little oil will break in nicely in no time.
I had hoped of getting an American made sheath with it, but the Mexican made sheaths are top notch so it's fine.
My dad certainly doesn't care.

This knife came as sharp as expected from Buck too, my dad's reaction was " I'll probably end up cutting my finger off " :D

Back